Re: Grits

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2

What part of Pitt is Sue from peewee
    Baldwin.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

thats a nice area...if memory serves...

I grew up a bit of a walk from there...down in Aliquippa...

How is her Pittsburgh accent since shes been in the south? is it gone?...mine still lingers..some folks look at me funny sometimes...they cant quite pinpoint what it is...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

She's been South for about 14 years. The accent's still there, but not really distinct until she gets on the phone with one of her brothers. Then it really comes on. Like a switch, turn it on and turn it off.

Edit: The first time I met Unit's dad in PGH, rest his great soul, one of the first things he said was, "You don't TALK like you're from South Carolina." Like, what are we SUPPOSED to sound like?

I guess that was a compliment, I sure loved that old guy. Maybe he'd watched Deliverance too many times, I dunno.

Comment

Interesting this pot's on the boil while Sue Unit's on her computer taking a Yankee-Dixie quiz. She got 68% Dixie. It's under fun and games

The Rebel or Dixie-Yankee Test that tells you how much your speech is influenced by where you are from.

Comment

My score on that test was "86% Dixie. Do you still use Confederate money?" Where's the sweet tea question, or for that matter, where the hell is the sweet tea in Indiana?
            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Never acquired the taste for grits, never understood why sweet tea never caught on north of the Mason Dixon. Northerners can't do BBQ right either, it just doesn't taste right.

Pumpkin, the only place you're going to find sweet tea in Indiana is McDonalds. :-\
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

or your local supermarket..

Comment

Grits at Waffle House-- yech!

Homemade grits at the B&B the other weekend-- YUM!
                  The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

76% Dixie :D
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                      My score on that test was "86% Dixie. Do you still use Confederate money?" Where's the sweet tea question, or for that matter, where the hell is the sweet tea in Indiana?
                      That's exactly what I got. Some of the questions are rigged, like drive through liquor store....There ain't none here."That's a very common answer" etc.

Pumpkin, what the hell are we going to do with you? You're all over the place. We Weevillians are worried.....

Comment

I grew up in Minnesota. I ate grits my whole life. Dad is from SC. Cheese grits with butter and a little hot sauce is good. Grits beat the hell out of cream of wheat.
                        OH YEAH
                        Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Aint THAT the truth!!! North of the Mason Dixon line, just ask for sweet tea and see the looks you get. The answer is always, "There's sugar packets there on the table if you want." No, that don't get it. It doesn't even work, doesn't dissolve in the cold tea.

It piles up in the bottom of the glass, no matter how much you stir it. It piles up and stares at you, like, "Don't you wish you were back home, peewee? This Yankee stuff is for the birds, ain't it? Home, peewee, HOME.""
                          Some of us prefer to drink our tea without being profaned by sweet crystals, PeeWee.
                          And in the south, you have to ask for a glass of water. How backward is that?
                          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
                            Aint THAT the truth!!! North of the Mason Dixon line, just ask for sweet tea and see the looks you get. The answer is always, "There's sugar packets there on the table if you want." No, that don't get it. It doesn't even work, doesn't dissolve in the cold tea.

It piles up in the bottom of the glass, no matter how much you stir it. It piles up and stares at you, like, "Don't you wish you were back home, peewee? This Yankee stuff is for the birds, ain't it? Home, peewee, HOME.""
                            Some of us prefer to drink our tea without being profaned by sweet crystals, PeeWee.
                            And in the south, you have to ask for a glass of water. How backward is that?
                            Stude, does that mean you don't want me to mail you a bag of grits? I was really up for it and ready to do it, for real....

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                              Interesting this pot's on the boil while Sue Unit's on her computer taking a Yankee-Dixie quiz. She got 68% Dixie. It's under fun and games

The Rebel or Dixie-Yankee Test that tells you how much your speech is influenced by where you are from.
                              44%. I was hoping for less...
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
                                Originally posted by peewee

44%. I was hoping for less...
                                Gene, I think you cheated backward. Which questions did you miss intentionally?

Comment

Working...
                                X