Grits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grits

How far away is that from here? I can smell it, and it's GOOD.......
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by ch1ll
      Originally posted by peewee
      Or, you eat what you are. I have trouble with that one.

When are you coming ch1ll? Shall I leave the garage dor open tonight? I'll have to arrange it, the garage door's not working too well with the remotes......need to know ahead of time if possible to let you in.
      660mi PW.
      Not tonite, its a trip I'd rather not plan poorly.
      Pace yourself and let us know ahead of time. Seriously. I'm not kidding, I hope you're not. One of the best things I've enjoyed here on BangShift aside from bullshiting, is meeting folks. I''m not a car guy and I drink a lot, but I'm really harmless. Ask Pumpkin, he's seen us. He seemed to enjoy his hours here at Weeville.

We'll be glad to have you. Road trip!!!!!!!! Call us from the driveway.

pw

Comment

Only 20 miles east of Cleveland.....................Ohio that is. ;D Too cold up here to do that now.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I wouldn't kidd about something like that,PW.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
            Only 20 miles east of Cleveland.....................Ohio that is. ;D Too cold up here to do that now.
            It's never too cold, Blu. Never too cold to cook on the grill. Never.

Comment

Got that right, every Sunday evening Daddyo. ;D

Comment

Take him out to play on the Dragon Peewee. ;)
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Interesting this pot's on the boil while Sue Unit's on her computer taking a Yankee-Dixie quiz. She got 68% Dixie. It's under fun and games

The Rebel or Dixie-Yankee Test that tells you how much your speech is influenced by where you are from.
                  99% Dixie- although I did change my answers a time or two. I had multiple answers for several. Access road, frontage road, same thing... Lived in Mississippi and Alabama all my life..

Speaking of grits- I think I will go make me some for breakfast (pronounced brak-fust) with some cheese and butter.

Comment

Never to cold to grill I agree with but that was made with my smoker. It's really hard to maintain a good temp when it's this cold.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I got 86% Dixie if it makes ya feel better, PW. Not all of us failed.
                      Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Originally posted by catchmeblue70
                        I got 86% Dixie if it makes ya feel better, PW. Not all of us failed.
                        Now I KNOW why I like the way you talk!

peedub

Comment

96% Dixie.

In Vegas I had breakfast at a buffet, I saw biscuits and gravy, I thought I can eat that, the other stuff looked to furrin to me. The gravy had onions and the biscuits were dinner rolls. I knew I wasnt in Bama no more.

Every time my grandad went to visit my uncle in New York, he took a small bag of grits with him.
                          Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

I got a 21%...I am from Pittsburgh...most of my word were not on there...but most of my answers were "great lakes region" go figure...
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I'll have to confess that I skipped several pages 'cause the thread grew QUICK. So maybe I'm making a fool of myself and the thread has grown past the "grits" issue, but I'll chime in anyway.

Never cared for grits and still don't. When we moved to The Southland I have attempted to incorporate the Southern way of life into mine (I know I'll NEVER be truly "Southern") and I've embraced much of it. I know to order "pah" at the end of the meal, I get it about sweet tea even though I can't have it, and I LOVE coastal Carolina pulled pork. I can use "Y'all" in a sentence properly - and do. I'll even eat one of those bright red hot dogs (how DOES that happen?). But grits - nope, I just don't like 'em. ME says it's a sugar and butter delivery system and she may be on to something there. I'd like more Southern food but physical restrictions limit that somewhat.

With the exception of 1 lady (and I use the term loosely - we have a hostile neighbor who's still fighting the Civil War)) I've greatly enjoyed our Southern neighbors and I think they've enjoyed us. I really like the friendly. PW - y'all (meaning you and Sue Unit) come visit us here on the coast. It's a beautiful & friendly place.

Dan

Comment

Dan, it was a joy meeting you at Maxton, and thanks for the mustard sauce! Your house is on our bucket list. You're good folk, that's easy to tell!

peedub

Comment

Working...
                                X