No announcement yet.

Biggest Mistake A Car Guy Makes Is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biggest Mistake A Car Guy Makes Is...

Originally posted by bullet
    when you bust your knuckle working on the car, then you kick the car out of anger, then you re pist again for denting the car... ;D
    Or throw the wrench and dent the hood leaning against the wall. :
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

project overload paycheck underload

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
        Originally posted by A/Fuel
        Why push someone?
        I'm sure she wouldn't like me sitting in her office all day, and I wouldn't like it either. It's good to be indpendant.
        what I said should be used only when applicable, different people like different things - I'm only expounding what works for me.... (as aside, I'm in this running discussion with some of my married, male friends about listing the similarities between men and women... so far, here's the complete list: they breath oxygen, they eat food however, they do so for different reasons ;))

and tomorrow (at my wife's request and direction) I'm going to go buy some vortec heads for my wife; really, she needs vortec heads... and it's for her work.
        Well what do I know anyway. I've almost made it 9 days being married. ;D
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
          Why push someone?
          I'm sure she wouldn't like me sitting in her office all day, and I wouldn't like it either. It's good to be indpendant.
          what I said should be used only when applicable, different people like different things - I'm only expounding what works for me.... (as aside, I'm in this running discussion with some of my married, male friends about listing the similarities between men and women... so far, here's the complete list: they breath oxygen, they eat food however, they do so for different reasons ;))

and tomorrow (at my wife's request and direction) I'm going to go buy some vortec heads for my wife; really, she needs vortec heads... and it's for her work.
          Well what do I know anyway. I've almost made it 9 days being married. ;D
          hmmmm... I must have missed that post... congratulations!!!

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thanks,
            Originally posted by TC

Comment

I'm in a lot different scenario than most guys, but I certainly realize how lucky I am to have Kerri. Having been together since we were 15 years old gives me a little different perspective on things than some people, I think.

We both grew up together and the car thing has been an important part of my (and our) lives since day one. It has caused some knock down, drag out battles over the years, created some of our best memories as a couple, left both of us in tears of joy or sadness more then once, and has given us opportunities we never would have had if I hadn't followed the path that's led to today.

Kerri is not a car person, but she knows and respects what this whole deal means to me, which is all I can ask for. She's a family person and as we've added the cherubs to our line up, doing car stuff as a family really appeals to her. This weekend I'm headed to Baton Rouge and next weekend we're taking another BangShifty family trip to Maine and we'll visit the Owl's Head Transportation Museum for their winter festival. She's really excited about that weekend, and it has nothing to do with the museum, more that we'll be spending the weekend as a family, having fun.

I don't know much, but when your wife looks at you and says, "Why didn't you bring your camera?" when we see a cool car, truck, tractor, crane, bulldozer, etc, on the side of the road, that's kinda neat.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Nice work Brian - I'm looking forward to getting our families together sometime.

BTW - never leave home without the camera!
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                  BTW - never leave home without the camera!
                  X2 ;)

Comment

Ya know, I think I'm gonna start taking a camera around with me too.
                    Originally posted by TC

Comment

Interesting....Stacey and I went to the Hershey Museum for the Shelby Exhibit opening last weekend and I purposely left the camera at home. When she realized I didn't have it she got upset saying that she likes when I shoot photos 'cause she can relive the memories of the things we do together. Oh yeah and guess who bought me the new camera for Christmas.

Something else...Stacey is leading the charge to buy a new trailer in the Spring. She does have a bit of an agenda though, it will free up a spot in the garage to get her Mustang out of storage. Then we can finish it so she can race too. Keeper!

Clearly she was the biggest NON-mistake this car guy has made.....
                      Time Wasters...
                      http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

^^^ epic win.
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

trying to fix somthing 30 minutes before work becuase it will not be "taht big of deal" and then 3 weeks later the car still does not run lol

Comment

Falling victim to the "might-as-wells" is a mistake I've made several times...Ya know, I'm changing the front shocks I might as well replace the stock spring perches with the $200 Roller Spring Perches....or...While it's at the chassis shop I might as well replace the bolt in driveshaft loop with a nice welded tubular one...
                            Time Wasters...
                            http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

biggest mistake for me is buyin too much s++t!
                              Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Joe, wasn't it better to feel sorry you did something, rather then regretting you didn't? ;D

bearphoto, you just haven't got enough room... THAT'S the problem!
                                www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Working...
                                X