Biggest Mistake A Car Guy Makes Is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Mistake A Car Guy Makes Is...

The biggest "mistake" a car guy can make is...
    ------------------------------------------------------------

For me, it was making the same well-intentioned error I'd seen friends make & later regret...acquiring too many cars to ever complete.

I'm thinning the herd right now to a final-five...then a final-three...and hang-on as long as possible to two, max.

Finding it harder to do major justice to one, much less several at the same time. I must have been planning on winning the lottery, in addition to living in good health to 300.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Biggest Car-Guy "Mistake(s)" You've Made...??????????????

Re: Biggest Mistake A Car Guy Makes Is...

Not having a plan, you need to know how its going to look before you ever start

Comment

it is a money thing

then one day --you sell or junk everything , take up the new hobby of internet pest

Comment

the biggest mistake a car guys makes is... assumption
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Selling my street racer '69 Impala SS when I moved to Cali and keeping my rusty shit box instead just because I couldn't get it to run on pump gas.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
            ^^^
            WIN!

now - what's up with your avatar? got the red x thing going on....
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
              Originally posted by dieselgeek
              ^^^
              WIN!

now - what's up with your avatar? got the red x thing going on....
              It's stored on 1320video.com's server. Sounds like someone at Ford must have gotten busted surfing Kyle's website because it's weird to have him on your blacklist for any other reason.

But take a look at it when you get home because it's relevant to a very cool project I am working on in the near future.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Not spending the money the first time around.....every time you try to skimp a few bucks it comes back and bites you in the ass

Comment

Originally posted by Two Lane
                  The biggest "mistake" a car guy can make is...
                  ------------------------------------------------------------

For me, it was making the same well-intentioned error I'd seen friends make & later regret...acquiring too many cars to ever complete.
                  I say BS ! ;)
                  Who cares if you die at say 105 and still have 4, 14 or 40 cars in a dire project-status?
                  Why do cars have to 'completed' to be fun?
                  Cars should never be completed unless you get bored with them to easily. Unless you like to buy new projects every 2 years orso ofcourse. But that's irrelevant if your other car(s) are completed ;D ;)
                  I'm currently at 7 cars, 4 of them running. But for me, wrenching is 75% part of the fun.

IMO, the biggest mistake is getting hooked with someone who hates your cars to the bone and just wants to see ALL the money you spend flow into her greedy direction. These are usually the ones that just wants to suck all the fun out of ya, the 'whining way'... And if that won't work, her divorce-laywer will take care of it. Seen it happen way too often.

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

not starting with the car you'll be able to keep for 20-30 years..
                    and not knowing enough to keep it...
                    if I kept my 80 t/a.. I'd be miles and tons of money ahead...
                    it I could scrap the cash together and get hemi joes t/a to my house...
                    three chevelles would go bye bye..
                    and I'd be back where I started.. as that was the funnest street car I've ever owned so far...

Comment

Originally posted by GTXKen
                      Not spending the money the first time around.....every time you try to skimp a few bucks it comes back and bites you in the ass
                      Thats me! I saved $300 dollars a year ago and it is costing $1,800 dollars and a ton of time this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                        it is a money thing

then one day --you sell or junk everything , take up the new hobby of internet pest
                        a car guy does his own stuff at a self knowledged discount...
                        siberian , I mean, american winters, make the internet pest more often.

today hit 40, a real 40... been 60 days, average temp was 29F.

My number one mistake is going too big, or not gentle enough....it is never enough.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Mine was getting rid of my first car. I was an idiot. :-[
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Having a Wife or Girl Friend thats not into Cars at all.
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

And you do it so well, Jimmy.
                              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
                              X