Special place in Hell for spammers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special place in Hell for spammers.

I posted my truck on Craigslist, Friday. Sunday night I was bombarded by phone calls for an Impala, an Acura, and a Tahoe.

I finally found one of the postings, the ad described the car, then half way through was my truck's description, and phone number, saying call or text anytime.

If I ever find someone who is a spammer or hacker, I will make him or her pay.

I wouldnt post my phone number, but I dont get to my email for days, so I guess I'll find another way to sell my truck.
    Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Re: Special place in Hell for spammers.

Just one of them internet deals, Lon. The world is BIG! I'm finding out every day. Yeah, there's noise and nut cases out there.

Good thing none of us BangShifters fit that category.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I started a new job today, every other minute my phone would buzz. I have answered about 10 of the calls, if I dont recognize the area code and ask that the post be flagged, I'm still getting calls. I'm averaging about 2 calls a minute. At least now I know if I want to sell a car I need to be selling Impalas in Texas, Tahoes in Colorado and Wisconsin.

I did turn my phone off after the 2nd call, now I'm putting out fires and finding the ads.
      Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

Son-of-a-bitch!!!! >
        I was actually thinking of changing my C-list ads that I'm running to say to only call me.
        Those Spammers / Scammers usually E-mail me seemingly to just get my E-mail address.
        Guess I'll rethink that one.
        sigpicJohn Castelli
        www.gonecruisincarclub.com

Comment

If you ever post your phone number, sometimes it helps to post it this way:

555-555-55 five five

That seems to cut down on unwanted phone calls.

When I post my email address in an ad, I'll post it this way:

address [space] at [space] gmail.com

Then it can't copied and pasted by bots to spam the shit out of me.

Comment

^^^^^

What he said.

I don't post my email or phone number in CL or Ebay ads. Email me using the websites email tool, period.

I crack up when I see the ads with "don't email me - I never use computers" well then - how'd you post the ad then? :
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It is now Thursday. The bogus ads were posted Sunday, I havent been on the internet since Monday. I'm still getting at least one call a day, usually at 7:30 in the morning. I figure I aint supposed to sell the truck, nobody ever called me for more info on it.

If I were to find out who spammed my ad, well I will not incriminate myself, but I wouldnt show any mercy.
              Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

Working...
              X