Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Street Classes ...

Originally posted by moparmaniac07
    Primer and stickers are against the rules? Hell, I see plenty of street cars that never see the track in primer and stickers. IMO, if it's got plates and could legally be driven on the street, let 'em race.
    Yup! Their rules ... kid even drove 80 miles one way,m in the car he was going to race in the class ... to me, that's a true street car, not the guy that lives 5 minutes away with a 10 second car that he trailers to the track.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Re: Street Classes ...

I can understand both sides. My Monte Carlo started off as my daily driver running 11.6 @ 60mph in the 1/8. Now runs 7.10s @ 95. As I made changes, 10's, 9's, 8's all with the same 305. Now low 7's with a 355. I had my Hoosier DOT's, mufflers, tags and I could race any class here in VA and NC. The most any of the street classes paid was $100 to win. I think the paint and sticker rule is crazy, a bad filter rule. Most serious guys won't mess with $100 race, but you need good competition if you want to get better yourself. So I say Dot's, mufflers (yes bullets are OK) and current tags, that's it. Now for buy backs, yes it sucks to get taken out by a car you took out in the first or second round. That's right 1st or 2nd, many tracks around here you can buy back first and second, or, first or second round. Beating them twice feels twice as good. My justification is for buybacks are is you are in a completely new race again without the price of tow vehicle fuel, full entry, food. Where can you racing for $25?

There was only one buyback in the street classes.

Most tracks you just buy into the next round, it moves the races along faster.

That's my spin on it. ;D
      Living the dream!

Comment

Working...
      X