Transmissions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmissions.

What's the going rate for old 'Muscle-Era' Transmissions? I'm talking about the usual stuff here,GM Hydramatics,Chrysler Torque-Flites,ect. Just Automatics. ~J/W.

Re: Transmissions.

maybe a couple a hundred bucks...
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Yep.......couple bills or so

lots of variables when buying used

you buyin or selling?
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

"Old muscle era transmissions" and "automatics"... an oxymoron.
        Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Between my bud Tom and me we've got about 80 COMPLETE(out of Car...)Transmissions,mostly TH-350's and Powerglides. There's some TH-400's,and some Chrysler A-904's/& 727's,along with some oddballs,like a Turboglide,a couple of Buick 'Superturbines',ect. We've had these things for YEARS,and back then,the MOST we ever paid for a TH-400 Core was about $75(remember,we're talkin' a USED/WORN Core here,not a brand new B&M unit....). Anyway,we're lookin' to sell off a bunch of them & we were wonderin' what we could POSSIABLY get for them. Already,I've scrapped several BARE Cases(got $40 per Case....got rid of 7 of these...),along with some Aluminum Heads & Intakes. It's time to clean up! Of course,I'm saving about a dozen units('or so'...)...for my current fleet. ~J/W.

Comment

About 2 years ago ATI was paying 200 for PG cores and 150 for th350 and 400 cores. Its was all depending on what they needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem
              "Old muscle era transmissions" and "automatics"... an oxymoron.
              ??? ??? ??? what? ??? ??? ???

Comment

Originally posted by hpa-bodies
                About 2 years ago ATI was paying 200 for PG cores and 150 for th350 and 400 cores. Its was all depending on what they needed.
                Bet the pg's had to be V8 models, difference in input or output shaft from the I6 models. Not sure which shaft, but I know there is a difference.

$40 for an aluminum case is a good price for scrap.

I know I'd save the Chrysler's if they are aluminum casing's, not making them anymore.

Comment

heh...I got rid of a trailer full of stuff like that last summer. It's gone, most of them had been laying there for years outside. I saved the chevy 350s and 400s.

My yard looks really nice.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I thinned the herd as well... think I have 2 425s, 1 400, 2 400 BOPs, 1 700R4, 1 350 BOP... that's enough, in fact, the 425s will probably go next - although it is hard to throw away good, working transmissions.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'd sure like a 425 to have laying around, but I don't want to pay for shipping
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

contact a few transmission shops in the area - they maybe interested in buying large portions or the entire collection. My transmission friend is always picking up older transmissions to keep on hand for parts.

The tugs at the airport use FMXs - so he even pays $75 or so for those - which are usually scrap.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Good to hear. Thank's. Never thought of the Tranny Shops ;). Sometimes ya just get tired of lookin' at them. We won't even mention the Engines...... :o. ~J/W.

Comment

poor man's lenco

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                              poor man's lenco
                              Definitely.

Comment

Working...
                              X