Certifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Certifications

I'm a NJ state licensed electrical contractor for what ever that's worth *LOL*
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

yea, it seems it didnt make a diffrence for me eaither. ;)

Comment

I'm a parts guy, working in a Ford dealer. Been doing this for 10 years, not currently certified. I was Master Certified, and kept up with it, but when the tests started to be on things like "How to sell to women" or "How to sell to minorites" I quit taking the tests. I treat everyone the same, and besides, I'm with you guys, parts certifications? Come on! They're a joke. If you last more than a few years at this, that's your certication right there.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
          the general requires it , so it keeps the profitability of ase going forever and ever
          and makes the state license comission go away , so , plumbers and electricians can still laugh at mechanic's burger flipper -like pay scales
          truckers strike ? when's the mechanic's strike ?
          I can't think of an industry that has readily accepted a royal screwing more than us
          Man, your right about that. We should be making what doctors make. And that aint no joke.

Comment

ase, what a bunch of crap, im a master tech, all the ase certs since this crap started in the begining, 38 yrs as a auto tech, what has it gotted me ?? all the bullshit work that comes into the shop, all the electrical, driveablity, shit work, no money jobs, like brake work that goes to the techs with no ase, ase means nothing,the customers that come into the shop no nothing of ase, they dont care.

Comment

State master, their right ASE is a racket.

Comment

I think Jackass and A-Hole are on the same Plane (No Pun Intended) they are both honorary degrees handed out by our Spouses. They take alot more testing and aggrivation than some Pidely Old Cert.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordplay0621
                  I think Jackass and A-Hole are on the same Plane (No Pun Intended) they are both honorary degrees handed out by our Spouses. They take alot more testing and aggrivation than some Pidely Old Cert.
                  Thanks for clearing that up. I better go say something snarky to the wife so I can keep my "ass" degree current.

Comment

Six Sigma Black Belt- Project Management
                    Six Sigma Black Belt- Quality Assurance and Statistical Process Control
                    Six Sigma Black Belt- Team Facilitation and Training
                    US DOT Certification- Regulatory Auditing and Compliance, Line Haul and Drayage
                    US DOT Certification- Regulatory Auditing and Compliance, Safety, Placard Auditing
                    US DOT Certification- Regulatory Auditing and Compliance, Hours of Service.
                    US DOT Certification- Regulatory Auditing and Compliance, Trip- Pre and Post Inspection
                    MO State Insurance Agent- Accident, Health, Fixed Annuity (license lapsed because I don't drive or work anymore.

Journeyman Auto Mechanic (by choice, it was my hobby) Pre-modern 1970's
                    Journeyman Auto Body and Paint (also hobby) Pre-Modern 1970's

Comment

i don't have a liscense to kill, but i'm certified to kick ass.

Comment

I am a licensed professional engineer AND I'm certifiable according to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.WFO
                          i don't have a liscense to kill, but i'm certified to kick ass.

ROTFLMAO
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.
                          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Carjunkie certified???

Not car related
                            New Mexico Department of Public Safety - firearms instructor
                            Defense Technology instructor - Flash bangs, Pepper spray, Chemical munitions, Specialty impact munitions.
                            Might try for Master Firearms Instructor in the future - instructing and certifying firearms instructors

Comment

ASE Master Certified
                              Ford Original Sr. Master one of only 400, resert. 10yrs
                              Fords Master Tech Judge in Ultimate Master Contest
                              High School AAA Judge
                              Skills Judges 3 years
                              NATech Certification inspector

and all around good guy :
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

We had a Supervisor that went Six Sigma, He jokingly made the remark "To save the Company Money they should get rid of Six Sigma". They Fired him.

Comment

Working...
                                X