Broadcasting Live on the Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadcasting Live on the Internet

I got to thinking with the new 4G internet access that SmartPhones are going to and the ability to stream live video across your phone with it, would videoing an event be as simple as a 4G laptop/tablet and a video camera??

You would be totally mobile able to walk the pits and film the event form all over. I mean I am getting this right, it would be that easy, right??

Re: Broadcasting Live on the Internet

start with pavillions

Comment

TC, it is that easy on the small scale. We've actually tested doing it successfully "behind the scenes" here when testing stuff out for our broadcasts.

The issue becomes where you are going to broadcast it. If you are streaming to someone else's phone, no sweat. If you want to stream to an audience you'll need to use a service like UStream or the company we use to do our broadcasts, LiveStream.

Technology is insane!

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Nice, so it will work. It was your guys idea of broadcasting events live that got me thinking about this. My plan is to get a 4G tablet and a nice video camera, hook the two together and go to local car shows and talk with the owners as I video the car. And of course while I do this I'll be broadcasting live.

Only bad part is the 4g tablet market is pretty small right now, since 4G is just coming out, and I have my eyes set on a Notion Ink tablet which is just coming out to, but they are only in 3G so I'll have to wait until they come out with a 4G version or wait until someone else comes out with a tablet with 4G that is as good as the Notion Ink.

And thanks for the links Brian!!!!!

Comment

interesting.... that might work for something else that I occupy my time with.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

BigDon Racetalk streams texas promod action and ADRL stuff on UStream....
            i have an account,,thats how i keep up in ADRL
            ;D

"IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Working...
            X