OMG GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG GPS

www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/When-Your-GPS-Can-Be-Dangerous-116397894.html?__source=Newsletter-Daily
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Re: OMG GPS

At least her suitcase survived intact.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

It's not the GPS's fault. It's the lemming that blindly accepts what it says without applying any common sense. Go a different way. It *will* recalculate.

:
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

reminds me of the ad....
        take a left... nono right..
        allstate ad

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
          reminds me of the ad....
          take a left... nono right..
          allstate ad
          Yeah, me too Taz. Exactly.

And also reminds me of when my blues brother and I were on an adventure to Memphis to get blind wasted on Beale Street, coming into downtown on I-40, the lady on the GPS (which HE insisted we take along with us, it was his) was yelling STAY RIGHT! STAY RIGHT!

I'm nearly familiar with the road and he wasn't and he too was yelling STAY RIGHT! No, we have to exit left, and THEN go right about a hundred yards away. GPS is no good at complicated intersections.

If we'd stayed "right" we'dda gone over the Mississippi River bridge into Arkansas.

You look at the fact that the lady was 60-something, which leads us all to doubt her cognizant abilities, but in all I'm not surprised GPS led her to hell if she was relying on it.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

ya those things can be really weird at times driving back from an Avenged Sevenfold concert the other night i was going down I-80 and it told me to take aperrantly ramp my car onto an overpass for absolutly no reason about 10 miles it told me to take the car and jump it into the rive below and then about 20min later it told me to take the exit drive across the junction and get back on...needles to say i just shut it down.
            GF:Did you motor blow up?
            Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

Comment

If I want a voice bitching at me about driving the wrong way then the passenger seat better be occupied...much more satisfying to throw into the highway than the GPS.
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                If I want a voice bitching at me about driving the wrong way then the passenger seat better be occupied...much more satisfying to throw into the highway than the GPS.
                Good point... :D
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Her mistake was that she blindly followed the instructions of a machine programmed by a fallable human who probably has never been to San Diego. That, and a total lack of common sense on her part. If that GPS directed her to drive off a cliff, would she do it? :
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I've learned to ignore the first three things my GPS says.
                    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

I've been to San Diego some of those railroad crossing do look a lot like streets.
                      If anybody ever makes it to Van Nuys Blvd the Metro Link station there looks a lot like a street too,width,lines etc....
                      In the dark,rain,or with wet streets,and being unfamiliar with the area I can see them looking allot like streets.

But within about 100 feet the flat street looking part ends,just about the time all the shelters and benchs stop.then the gravel starts and the rails go off in the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03
                        I've been to San Diego some of those railroad crossing do look a lot like streets.
                        If anybody ever makes it to Van Nuys Blvd the Metro Link station there looks a lot like a street too,width,lines etc....
                        In the dark,rain,or with wet streets,and being unfamiliar with the area I can see them looking allot like streets.

But within about 100 feet the flat street looking part ends,just about the time all the shelters and benchs stop.then the gravel starts and the rails go off in the distance.
                        I am learning first-hand this weekend. Add to the fun a highway that has settled so much that there's two jumps and that people are dying to be used as apexes out here...
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                        X