Originally posted by peewee

So here we go. What do we do?
    Originally posted by tedly
    Hood mounted machine machine guns.
    One word: Jail. Another word: CNN.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Re: Cars are too dull

people becoming more and more self-absorbed - it's why I don't believe in evolution.... why? because the 2nd primordial thing that oozed out of the swamp would have been killed by the 1st... just because it could.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I think there may be something to this dullness equation.

You get so many cars that you can't or don't even care to identify here. Camry shaped things. If you've seen one toaster you've seen them all kind of thing. If you have something unusual, it get's their attention. When I drive the mom buggy, nobody cares. Crowd you, tailgate you, cut you off, just act like a bunch of cattle. Same was true for the Mustang or the second gen lightning.

When I drive the 95 lightning, they think I don't have insurance or something because it's 16 years old and different. They seem to care or at least notice. They move out of the way, are generally more courteous, and don't tailgate too bad most of the time. It's weird.

I think you are on to something - cars shouldn't be so bland. Or maybe they should be covered in NERF.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Slick
          I think there may be something to this dullness equation.

You get so many cars that you can't or don't even care to identify here. Camry shaped things. If you've seen one toaster you've seen them all kind of thing. If you have something unusual, it get's their attention. When I drive the mom buggy, nobody cares. Crowd you, tailgate you, cut you off, just act like a bunch of cattle. Same was true for the Mustang or the second gen lightning.

When I drive the 95 lightning, they think I don't have insurance or something because it's 16 years old and different. They seem to care or at least notice. They move out of the way, are generally more courteous, and don't tailgate too bad most of the time. It's weird.

I think you are on to something - cars shouldn't be so bland. Or maybe they should be covered in NERF.
          Yeah.........like 20 years from now
          we could identify a 2011 Impala or Taurus or whatever

How many of us see a car from the 50's-70's today and
          can pretty much id it

today's cars are like the early Volkswagens
          they all look the same

they'll be going to Tupperware parties for parts

dull
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

The Gov't is asking OEMS to have Electric vehicles make noises so blind folks can hear them and not put them selves in harms way near such a "silent vehicle". Seems all cars are getting quieter now - ya sure can't hear most of the new ones running at idle.

Maybe there is something to those stickers "loud pipes save lives". ;D
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
              The Gov't is asking OEMS to have Electric vehicles make noises so blind folks can hear them and not put them selves in harms way near such a "silent vehicle". Seems all cars are getting quieter now - ya sure can't hear most of the new ones running at idle.

Maybe there is something to those stickers "loud pipes save lives". ;D
              Got one of those on Earl's gas tank...... :D
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
              X