Cars are too dull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars are too dull

Not dull as in boring. Dull as in "not sharp".

Our secretary came in the AM talking about how somebody pulled out right in front of her. I told her it's because people are now conditioned to where we do not perceive cars as a threat. (are you listening, Pavlov?) So, in order to 're-condition' or maybe 'de-condition' ourselves as a society, I feel we need to attach a 4' steel spike to the front of all vehicles. This constant visual reminder should help reestablish the idea that cars can be dangerous to those around us and we should operate them with the utmost care.

Plus it might send Buickguy some business.

:D
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Re: Cars are too dull

SUV's are the enemy

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
      SUV's are the enemy
      I beg to differ that WE are the enemy, all of us, each one of us, one at a time. Walking talking behaving humans. As imperfect as we are, oblivious to our own faults and how those faults affect others around us.

Transformed peedub
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockRanger
        Not dull as in boring. Dull as in "not sharp".

Our secretary came in the AM talking about how somebody pulled out right in front of her. I told her it's because people are now conditioned to where we do not perceive cars as a threat. (are you listening, Pavlov?) So, in order to 're-condition' or maybe 'de-condition' ourselves as a society, I feel we need to attach a 4' steel spike to the front of all vehicles. This constant visual reminder should help reestablish the idea that cars can be dangerous to those around us and we should operate them with the utmost care.

Plus it might send Buickguy some business.

:D
        I second the motion!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Hear,Hear ;D! ~J/W.

Comment

On further review, I recommend a rear 6ft spike to limit tailgaiters.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

BBR, I've been saying that for years. People feel too safe in modern automobiles and don't handle them with the respect they deserve. 'Oh, it'll be ok if I get in a wreck, I've got airbags and seatbelts and crumple zones and OnStar and...' Couple that with the insane amount of distracted driving that goes on and it's amazing how traffic fatalities aren't sky high.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Fatalities are sky high, but not in the same sense they were 40 years ago. In the 50s they sprayed off the dash after a wreck and sold it to someone else. Now the whole car crumples, sacrificing itself to save the people inside, which is cool, except now people think they are invincible. Just this week a young woman ran over a man while updating her facebook page. People are not being taught to think ahead, and that there are consequences for your actions. They think "I am a great driver, I can handle this, those 5 cars I totaled werent my fault."

The safety of modern vehicles has saved the lives of very poor drivers who in the 50s would have been killed or severely injured. They dont learn from it, they keep doing the same idiotic things. Maybe instead of the spike being on the front bumper, put a 6" spike on the steering wheel aimed at your chest. That will make you pay attention more than the chance of harming someone else. I like to think of it as advanced aggressive Darwinism, purposely weed out the ones who cant operate a vehicle effectively.

If you can fog a mirror here, you can get a license. I like the way they drive in Germany. Its passive aggressive there, if there is room they will take the spot. You dont drive along like a brain donor in the left lane, if you do a 180mph Mercedes will be riding your bumper in a couple nanoseconds. You dont pull out in front of anyone there, you watch so you dont get hit. You must pay attention. It costs quite a bit to get a license, not just 3 hours at the DMV waiting in line like here. People are AWARE there because they have to be, it is serious business. It should be here, but they are too busy reading the paper, texting, talking on the cell phone, eating, drinking, or just moping along at 45mph with 50 cars behind them in the left lane.

Driving here in the states makes me feel like I am surrounded by idiots barely capable of controlling that 4000lb+ lump of steel, rubber and glass.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                  but tailgaters are paying attention

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07
                    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                    but tailgaters are paying attention
                    In all of my life, I've so often been tempted to brake HARD for tailgaters talking on their cell phone, but I really don't want to wreck whatever I'm driving at the time. It's not worth the humor in it. And not worth the risk of injury to them or to me.

People are going to do what they do.

Comment

OK Todd, you said it better than I could. :D
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

AMERICAN DRIVERS SUCK!! THEY SUCK! THEY SUCK! THEY SUCK!

I've driven in the US, Canada, Mexico, Italy, Germany, and Poland, and we suck the most. BY FAR.

WHY?!

Because we drive like we live, in our own little island of selfishness. We Americans love our own house, with our own piece of real estate, and when we're in the f&%$#ing passing lane, we like our own space of real estate too. Oh, and we are far too self-absorbed to actually LOOK IN THE MIRROR and see the line behind us, and actually move out of the way. THAT would be far too un-American, to give up our place so that someone ELSE can get ahead of us?! HELL NO, you're not getting past ME!!

The REALLY interesting thing is seeing so many various ethnic backgrounds (YOU name it, they're here in Dirty Jersey) all come together in this wonderful melting pot.... and they ALL DRIVE THE SAME.

LIKE IDIOT AMERICANS.

HOW DO WE CHANGE THIS?
                        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony
                          AMERICAN DRIVERS SUCK!! THEY SUCK! THEY SUCK! THEY SUCK!

I've driven in the US, Canada, Mexico, Italy, Germany, and Poland, and we suck the most. BY FAR.

WHY?!

Because we drive like we live, in our own little island of selfishness. We Americans love our own house, with our own piece of real estate, and when we're in the f&%$#ing passing lane, we like our own space of real estate too. Oh, and we are far too self-absorbed to actually LOOK IN THE MIRROR and see the line behind us, and actually move out of the way. THAT would be far too un-American, to give up our place so that someone ELSE can get ahead of us?! HELL NO, you're not getting past ME!!

The REALLY interesting thing is seeing so many various ethnic backgrounds (YOU name it, they're here in Dirty Jersey) all come together in this wonderful melting pot.... and they ALL DRIVE THE SAME.

LIKE IDIOT AMERICANS.

HOW DO WE CHANGE THIS?
                          Tony, relax. It's okay. Breathe.

Did you happen to see any of the Ice Road Truckers episodes when ice road trucking finally got so redundant so they moved the show to trucking in India? I know it's a produced show, and staged and what have ya, but you can't stage all of that. I haven't been everywhere but from I HAVE seen, I know for sure I don't want to drive in India.

Comment

AT LEAST THEY PAY ATTENTION IN INDIA.

IF YOU DON'T, DEATH IS IMMINENT.

Here? Repercussions? Oh NO! You might spill your mocha machiato pumpkin latte.
                            Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony
                              AT LEAST THEY PAY ATTENTION IN INDIA.

IF YOU DON'T, DEATH IS IMMINENT.

Here? Repercussions? Oh NO! You might spill your mocha machiato pumpkin latte.
                              Tony....oh my. Oh my. Lots of uppercase yelling. Emotion and elevated blood pressure, a major issue. Not good. Tony, this will KILL you, maybe tonight, in fact. I hope not. What can you solve? What can all of us together fix about the issue at hand?

Comment

Working...
                              X