• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Re: So , BARRY GRANT has gone under

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
    Companies that keep a tight rein on the balance sheet are not in trouble and have no problem getting money.

The problem is when you have success it goes to your head and you think it will always be there, when your a small niche company and you think your a Big Company you get yourself in trouble. Its all about the Benjamin's
    ... as he lost his business and his house now is in bankruptcy court, do we really need to heap more abuse on him? At least he tried, and I hope he tries again.

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied

Companies that keep a tight rein on the balance sheet are not in trouble and have no problem getting money.

The problem is when you have success it goes to your head and you think it will always be there, when your a small niche company and you think your a Big Company you get yourself in trouble. Its all about the Benjamin's

Leave a comment:

• Two Lane
    replied

Originally posted by Tazracing
    this is sad
    love or hate the guy and his carb's..

HE AND HE ALONE IS THE ONLY REASON HOLLEY STARTED CARING ABOUT THE CRAP THEY MADE..

hope someone picks up the pieces and offers replacement parts.

Agree 150%.

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    they all love the afb
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied

It's a combo of things. The banks nearly dying from the mortgage meltdown and not very open to hand out loans to anyone, including businesses. The other thing is a large percentage of American companies borrowing money to cover payrolls and to buy inventory, or materials for manufacturing. Add to that, all those people out of work and not buying much of anything that is a toy and you've got a company going under quickly.

Leave a comment:

• nosnerd
    replied

i used to SELL his stuff...no issues with the Speed demons i sold...and i must of sold at least a dozen..i sold one 1090..no probs..his pumps i had on my chevelle ( a 280 and then a 400s...no probs..my buddy had a wearplate go out..we fixed it ourselves..i have a 4 port new-in- the box waiting to go on my nova when i put on my tunnelram.. (the nova has an Aeromotive pump tho).i love his stuff....\

i agree with Taz...it made holley wake up...and boxer...i still dont get yer post.. ;)

Leave a comment:

• 457Brodix
    replied

I run BG pumps and filters on both cars and carry spares, I had one go out on me (DW 05) and they covered it but other then that no problems?

Leave a comment:

• Junk Whisperer
    replied

I just found out that is was BOGART Wheels who bought the old Monocoque Patterns/ect. Anywho,I never had any B-G stuff either,and yep,the Magazines sure hyped the Hell out of His stuff. ~J/W.

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

they all love the afb

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied

I thought BG carbs used the same parts as a holley carbs did, meaning the gaskets, power valves, rebuild kits and jets will be the same for either one.

And as for how they work, I've heard a lot of people complain about idling issues and I think that is due to the fact that they don't know how to setup up the carb correctly. And I know the Idle-Easy screw in the middle of the carb where the air cleaner stud goes is probably the main culprit.

Leave a comment:

• Tazracing
    Guest replied

this is sad, B/G IS THE BEST..
    love or hate the guy and his carb's..
    HE AND HE ALONE IS THE ONLY REASON HOLLEY STARTED CARING ABOUT THE CRAP THEY MADE..
    hope someone picks up the pieces and offers replacement parts..

Leave a comment:

• 88 Dippy
    replied

Originally posted by groucho
    Originally posted by 88 Dippy
    too bad i thought alot of his stuff was neet looking.

feel bad for his employees though bad time to be looking for work
    His Demon carbs looked like a space shoe (ugly). And, of the 3 I bought, I hated each one. But, I did allow him the 3 strikes. He did not disappoint :
    never bought or used any of his stuff. and never knew of any one that has. i do know the TV shows and mags loved them

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied

that does suck, at this time.

The holley people could be immortalized in a modern way...and they don't. the 45 years of complaints is real man.

Why can't I hand them a japanese hitachi from 1987...and say do to your bigger weber what this has mastered.

blow thru, and regular run detmerines it on its own.. a bypass, fuel return, shutoff for vent, shitoff for idle..and if there is residual, forces a start and stall..this only happens after the 20th year of needing nothing.

the list goes on..no need to rub lack of evolution in their faces anymore than I do.

carbs are the future... that place would not be going under if my path was a correct one to be there.

Leave a comment:

• groucho
    replied

Originally posted by 88 Dippy

His Demon carbs looked like a space shoe (ugly). And, of the 3 I bought, I hated each one. But, I did allow him the 3 strikes. He did not disappoint :

Leave a comment:

• 88 Dippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X