X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So , BARRY GRANT has gone under

sad

From Barry Grant
    As of today, February 18, 2011 we are ceasing operations at our Dahlonega location and all subsidiary locations. Working with all of you has been the experience of a lifetime. I will value your support as friends, customers, vendors, and media contacts forever. The economic situation has put the company in the position of not being able to find working capital needed to continue operations and get a chapter 11 reorganization plan through the court. In addition to this, is that all of our equipment has been breaking down causing production delays and further hurting cash flow. Reluctantly now we must convert to chapter 7 liquidation after 26 years of business. The financial collapse has closed, or has caused severe restructuring of many companies in our industry. Many individuals have lost everything. We have even lost our home. This is the most humbling experience of my life, and I have no future plans at this point. Thank You for Your Many Years of Support.

Re: So , BARRY GRANT has gone under

Ouch! Sorry to hear this.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

too many bankrupt customers out there

Comment

maybe s s can buy them too

Comment

So , BARRY GRANT has gone under :

He went to Australia?
          STUGOTS

Comment

under , like woolworths and monocoque wheels

Comment

Does a profitable company need outside capitol to stay a float?

2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC

Thats how the business cycle goes....you borrow money to make money....I don't agree with that....our business does well over 500,000.00 a year is gross sales.....we keep 40% as operating capitol and that keeps us going......but most large businesses don't retain anything for operating capitol....they leverage their bottom line for loans.....they basically only re-pay the interest....never the principal. It's an ugly revolving debt door and we've refused to go through it. We could easily be a 2 million + in annual sales......but looming debt would crush us if the economy soured.....and thats what happened it BG's life.....they didn't keep anything in reserve....and they leveraged to the hilt.....then the note holders pressured for ROI(Return On Investment).....and POOF....your under.
                We don't use credit cards......we don't have credit with our suppliers.....we don't do any terms......we're cash and carry.....and if we closed tommorow...we owe no one....anything.
                The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Check ebay for the Fire Sale!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman
                    Originally posted by JeffMcKC

Thats how the business cycle goes....you borrow money to make money....I don't agree with that....our business does well over 500,000.00 a year is gross sales.....we keep 40% as operating capitol and that keeps us going......but most large businesses don't retain anything for operating capitol....they leverage their bottom line for loans.....they basically only re-pay the interest....never the principal. It's an ugly revolving debt door and we've refused to go through it. We could easily be a 2 million + in annual sales......but looming debt would crush us if the economy soured.....and thats what happened it BG's life.....they didn't keep anything in reserve....and they leveraged to the hilt.....then the note holders pressured for ROI(Return On Investment).....and POOF....your under.
                    We don't use credit cards......we don't have credit with our suppliers.....we don't do any terms......we're cash and carry.....and if we closed tommorow...we owe no one....anything.
                    I know nothing about BG's operations and therefore will not criticize him... BUT, if everyone operated the way you do, Chassisman, our economy would be in a lot better shape. The way you run your business is the right way.

As a side note, I got word today that one of our good customers, who we have worked for since the same year I was born, shut down today. They are sticking us for $30k. The new owners had the place for four years and ran it into the ground.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Shame to hear about B-G. I have several sets of Monocoque Wheels....they were the lightest Wheels around in their time. Weren't they sold to somebody else,Jim? And I'm with Jeff on the subject of Credit Cards........ALWAY'S pay.......if at all possiable....IN CASH. I've only ever had ONE Credit Card in my life,and I had it since I was 38(almost 10 years...). ALWAY'S pay in cash if you can. ~J/W.

Comment

It is a sad thing to hear, but I wonder how much of their problem was due to him being sort of an a-hole. I've dealt with their customer service a few times until I determined they didn't care. I met him once during a HRPT and realized he didnt care either. I like their carbs and think they had some good products, but I'd rather work with someone that treats their customers right.
                        Tampa, FL

Comment

same complaints about holley for 45 years , in Barry's defense , most people think tuning a carb is turning the idle mixture screws

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                            under , like woolworths and monocoque wheels
                            poop..i have Monocoques on my car!!!..
                            "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

I've seen alot of posts on other sites,and it pretty much sounds like He ran himself out of business due to his business practices. Alot of racer complaints I heard,is you cant rebuild His stuff due to lack of parts and having to send them back to get fixed and them still not working. I've seen some pretty arrogant posts by Him and some of his employees, I can say I would never purchase anything from them. What goes around,comes around.

Comment

Working...
                              X