Top 10 Speed Traps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top 10 Speed Traps.

Two Valentine One units have saved their weight in gold many times over.

It's crucial that LE agencies step-up their revenue-gathering activities
    to make-up for city, county, state revenue shortfalls, so expect the
    odds of getting a ticket anywhere to increase every day. :o

Comment

Originally posted by Two Lane
      Two Valentine One units have saved their weight in gold many times over.

It's crucial that LE agencies step-up their revenue-gathering activities
      to make-up for city, county, state revenue shortfalls, so expect the
      odds of getting a ticket anywhere to increase every day. :o
      Yeah, it's all about revenue in Calhoun TN. The cop and the judge and the jury are the same people (can you hear Deliverance music?).

The solution is really simple when you stand way back and stare at it.

Just obey the speed limit and know that you'll never have to meet them in person if you do. There's really nothing wrong about it.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Here's a site that could save you some bucks....:

Speedtrap.org is a site with over 80,000 speed traps that people have posted for the benefit of other drivers.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

mahwah has 7 pages of speed traps - all true

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
            Here's a site that could save you some bucks....:

Speedtrap.org is a site with over 80,000 speed traps that people have posted for the benefit of other drivers.
            Yep! There it is! The site that made Calhoun famous. Or infamous. Or at least made it be "on the map."

We hired a guy from California and he got got busted his second day coming to work. We were still doing his hew-hire orientation and I said, ""Dang dude, you haven't been in Tennessee a week and you're a criminal already!"

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
              Speed trap? There are HUGE signs coming into Summersville WV on US ...is it 19? saying speed limit 45, STRICTLY enforced. HUGE signs. And a cop sitting everywhere a cop can sit after that. I don't call that a speed trap. That's a warning. Take heed and warning. They'll clip your wings and bust your chops and make you cry.
              Funny you should mention Rt. 19. My hometown is about 35 miles from there. There are quite a few speed traps on Rt. 19 between Summersville and Oak Hill, but the reason those speed traps are there is because of all the people that have been killed on that road. It's been especially bad near Mt. Hope. They've increased the amount of police on the road (along with other things like signs, lights, and such) to deal with the problem. You are correct though. Don't speed and it's not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
                Speed trap? There are HUGE signs coming into Summersville WV on US ...is it 19? saying speed limit 45, STRICTLY enforced. HUGE signs. And a cop sitting everywhere a cop can sit after that. I don't call that a speed trap. That's a warning. Take heed and warning. They'll clip your wings and bust your chops and make you cry.
                Funny you should mention Rt. 19. My hometown is about 35 miles from there. There are quite a few speed traps on Rt. 19 between Summersville and Oak Hill, but the reason those speed traps are there is because of all the people that have been killed on that road. It's been especially bad near Mt. Hope. They've increased the amount of police on the road (along with other things like signs, lights, and such) to deal with the problem. You are correct though. Don't speed and it's not a problem.
                They've made enough money in Oak Hill to afford cop Dodge Chargers with smoked glass and no markings. Wicked-looking cop machines. Like they need all that. What, are they going to chase you 200 yards in that setting before you're pulled over?

Comment

They've made enough money in Oak Hill to afford cop Dodge Chargers with smoked glass and no markings. Wicked-looking cop machines. Like they need all that. What, are they going to chase you 200 yards in that setting before you're pulled over?
                  I can't speak for all the people they pull over, but I do know they've had some high speed chases on Rt.19 recently. One made the news this past summer. Most of the people they pop for speeding on Rt. 19 are from out of state..as most people that live around there know the dangers and also know it's patrolled heavily. I take it you drive Rt. 19 regularly?

Comment

I can't speak for all the people they pull over, but I do know they've had some high speed chases on Rt.19 recently. One made the news this past summer. Most of the people they pop for speeding on Rt. 19 are from out of state..as most people that live around there know the dangers and also know it's patrolled heavily. I take it you drive Rt. 19 regularly?
                    Used to. Ran from TN to Pittsburgh quite regulalry when Sue Unit's parents were alive, and then sick. They're gone now, don't know if we'll make that trip again. Got so familiar with it, yeah, that was like the road to work.

Comment

I noticed that too last time I was down there. Funny though, I made it through there without getting pulled over, but get a ticket less than 5 miles into Maryland on the same trip. Wouldn't of thought it would be that dangerous of a road though.

Comment

I have a radar detector and haven't used it in years.

I just go within 5mph of the limit, relax, and enjoy the ride, and the better fuel economy.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                        X