X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greetings from Arizona!

Originally posted by peewee
    Originally posted by Rebeldryver
    Get off base, Joe, and you are a young guy. The problem is that you're in a sea of 19 year olds on base. I'm currently the age my father was when he retired as a Lt Colonel. It's hard to fathom now. But, a 43 year old officer is a grand daddy on a military base.
    My daddy used to talk about when he trained on B-17's near the end of WWII. The war got over before he had to go. He said the pilot-captain of the bomber was 23 years old, and the rest of the crew called him "Old Man."
    thats what I was saying earlier...the guys on my crew call me Pappy

a 43 year old man truly is old when you're speaking about active duty types...

I don't feel old tho, was just telling an old friend that I don't feel much different than I did when I was 18...I still enjoy the same things..dress the same way...same music...

It's all a state of mind.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
      Get off base, Joe, and you are a young guy. The problem is that you're in a sea of 19 year olds on base. I'm currently the age my father was when he retired as a Lt Colonel. It's hard to fathom now. But, a 43 year old officer is a grand daddy on a military base.
      My daddy used to talk about when he trained on B-17's near the end of WWII. The war got over before he had to go. He said the pilot-captain of the bomber was 23 years old, and the rest of the crew called him "Old Man."
      thats what I was saying earlier...the guys on my crew call me Pappy

a 43 year old man truly is old when you're speaking about active duty types...

I don't feel old tho, was just telling an old friend that I don't feel much different than I did when I was 18...I still enjoy the same things..dress the same way...same music...

It's all a state of mind.
      That's good Joe! Good rationalization.

But you're a young poot. Not even earned old fart status yet. Run fast while you can.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

My friend's grandpa was a submariner in WWII, he was 25 at the time and was called "Old Man" and "Gramps".
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Should not have read this...just burped and smelled Similac...All you self-concious old bastards... ;D
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
            Should not have read this...just burped and smelled Similac...All you self-concious old bastards... ;D
            Self-conscious?????? It takes a long time to get here. You have to celebrate SOMETHING! It's an accomplishment. Now, if I could only....I forgot what I was going to say

Comment

It's all about...well, meeting Dan Stokes at Maxton last year, one of the first things he said....and I don't think I'm messing up my quoting him...he said, "I still like to look at the pretty girls, but I don't remember why."

Comment

I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up. ;D
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
                  Jimmy Buffett wrote a song about that. Even with that title, more or less.

Comment

Growing Older But Not Up
                    Love me some Jimmy Buffett!
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

I lost the entire Jimmy Buffett CD collection in a divorce. But I didn't need them. Okay I lied, I GAVE them to her, and she asked "WHY?"

I said, I can hear every Jimmy Buffett song in my brain anytime I ever want. They're playing in my brain all of the time.

That's been years, and miles, and things ago, and I have had no desire to go back and buy the Buffett discs, because I don't need them. I can already hear the songs and have them all memorized. Well......the memory is fading a bit.

The only thing he did that I found a bit aggravating was to throw in a a song or two with words in French. I guess since he knows French, he had to prove to us that he knows French. I was not amazed at those few songs, but he kept doing it over time.

I spent enough time in Montreal and heard enough French to fill my meter. Don't make my music sound like that, too.

Comment

Thirty-six is half-way to 72...guess which half is most fun!

When you can double your current age & get an pretty unlikely number, you're on the playground slide onto eternity.

It's all relative though. Remember how "forever" 4-years sounded in your 20s?

Remember a guy re-enlisting for 6-yrs, aka "taking a 6-yr burst". His buds ragged him, saying:

"Dude, trees don't live that long!!" Now, some of those fellows would wish they had your in-service time.

Thanks for your service, Joe! Haven't "seen" you since the early days of Car Junky TV. Great times!

Comment

####ing-A right Johnny.

Turn 31 yesterday (it's 1:21 here in Louisiana right now)

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                            ####ing-A right Johnny.

Turn 31 yesterday (it's 1:21 here in Louisiana right now)

Brian
                            Happy birthday Brian!

So, what's the womb like? You can remenber it well, I'm sure! ;D ;D

Comment

Damn Bruab, I thought I had you by a few months, but you got me by several. Happy birthday.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Happy Birthday Brian! Why are you sober enough to type coherently?
                                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X