Greetings from Arizona!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Arizona!

So, how happy would you be if some idiot machinist who was supposed to insert 3 steel plugs and tap them suddenly lost 2 of his taps, large chunks of metal, pieces of drill bits and tons of metal shavings inside your engine, then you had to spend a day and a half fishing all of that crap out of your engine with a bore-scope, mechanical fingers, tape on a stick, magnets and any other contraption you could come up with to fish it out..becasue if you dont you will either blow up a 1.5 million dollar engnie or you have to remove and dissasemble said engine to get the parts out...and that would make you miss...well lets say it would make you miss the final round in a 500K dollar race where you were at least going to win 250k....how happpy would you be....then multiply it by 100...thats how happy I was!

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: Greetings from Arizona!

Is that how they treat AZ visitors?

You don't look too happy, but it looks like you get to work with some pretty cool stuff.

Are you going to give him his tap pieces back? ;D
    Tampa, FL

Comment

Yeah, I get to work on some pretty cool things..and big expensive tools are always fun to play with...Like really expensive toys. ;D

and Mr. Machinist got his tools back, an even trade for a 12 pack of Bud...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I'm surprised you didn't lodge them in various orifices of his body.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

What an epiphany, the second or third one this week.

We hardly all or any of us get to meet each other in person, and JOE.....you're a kid!

Wow, man, oh man!

But that's all a good thing. Glad I had the wrong picture going in my mind.

Actually I have the reckon that 95% of everybody here is younger than I am.

Joe, you're a baby! Gosh, I'm old. And Lohnes is no antique himself...DID get to meet him for 10 seconds one time.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Peewee... I hate to tell you this, but Joe and I are around the same age and I am far from a kid. You're just old. ;D
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

I went to grade school with Colonel Sanders. He was in my class 7 years old and had that beard-goatee thing going on even then. Weird, all of us other kids had to try to draw one on our faces, but he really had one for real. We knew he was going places, but we didn't know where.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2

Ahhhhhh..... how I miss the glorious pleasures of aircraft maintenance....

... and explaining to the Colonel why he can't use his toys today.... or tomorrow...
                Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

better days ahead joe

in my world - that goes on 6 days a week

Comment

Originally posted by peewee

We hardly all or any of us get to meet other in person, and JOE.....you're a kid!

Wow, man, oh man!

Joe, you're a baby! Gosh, I'm old. And Lohnes is no antique himself...DID get to meet him for 10 seconds one time.
                    you're right peewee...I am a baby...who is only 2.5 years from retirement ;D

I do look young..and often get carded...but us Haber boys have a shelf life...soon as I turn 40 it all goes down hill and down hill quick...

Comment

I do look young..and often get carded...but us Haber boys have a shelf life...soon as I turn 40 it all goes down hill and down hill quick...
                      [/quote]

Your going to retire at 25 ???

Comment

Originally posted by peewee

We hardly all or any of us get to meet other in person, and JOE.....you're a kid!

Wow, man, oh man!

Not a lot to look forward to by your own description, so go fast while you can Joe!

pdub

Comment

Originally posted by ch1ll

Your going to retire at 25 ???
                          [/quote]

What ch1ll said....

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
                            Peewee... I hate to tell you this, but Joe and I are around the same age and I am far from a kid. You're just old. ;D
                            No, y'all are a kidz cause I'm right around the same age PW is and I'M NOT OLD. Just been around a long time.
                            And don't ask me why PW thinks he is a dinosaur,

Comment

I'll be 36 in a short while...

old is a state of mind...most of the guys I work with are young 20 somethings...they call me pappy...gosh dang whipper-snappers....

Comment

Working...
                              X