Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona

I didn't watch a single lap of NASCAR racing last year, fed up with the hype.

But I'm watching the Nationwide race today, interested in what effect the track re-paving may have had.

That's some really crazy racing going on. At that one track, I think the re-paving did a lot for making a better show out of it, what used to be a real boring race from a spectator's standpoint. Neat stuff.

Now it's not a three-hour baseball game. It's more like hockey. Changes every few seconds.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: Daytona

I can't believe I sat here for hours and watched Tony Stewart win by 3 inches. Why couldn't Iran win instead?

Yeah, that was a great show, compared to other Daytona snoozers. The new pavement is a huge improvement.

Comment

The more in-car cameras a race car has, the better! 8)

Put RC fiberoptics everywhere:

Driver's helmet view, driver's feet action, F/R suspension, brake calipers,
      carb body, engine compartment, shifter, trans linkage, view of each gauge, etc.

How about driver pulse, respiratory rate and blood pressure data?

Comment

Originally posted by Two Lane
        The more in-car cameras a race car has, the better! 8)

Put RC fiberoptics everywhere:

Driver's helmet view, driver's feet action, F/R suspension, brake calipers,
        carb body, engine compartment, shifter, trans linkage, view of each gauge, etc.

How about driver pulse, respiratory rate and blood pressure data?
        That's a good shot Two Lane. I've been at the NASCAR track a few times and from being there and watching it on TV....well I used to have a huge epic Bose surrond sound system. Finally wore it out and threw it away, it was shot, and no need to get another one because Sue Unit is hearing impaired and can't enjoy it anyhow.

But for that, with the big sound system...what the networks really need at the track as far as coverage is better microphones. The REAL sound on the TV. There's real sound on the YouTube hotrod videos folks post here. Why can't the networks have real sound for the NASCAR races? I'm sure they have the money, can afford the micropones, but the real sound is just not there.

That's what's missing. The sound. Certainly there's nothing you can do about the smell (rubber, for the most part), but they could do the sound if they wanted to.

Comment

talladega has been awesome for the last couple of years , now the daytona track's bumps got smoothed out - fabulous racing
          tony stewart won the busch race today
          Danica Patrick. She became the first woman to lead a lap in a NASCAR sanctioned race at Daytona International Speedway when she put the No. 7 GoDaddy Chevrolet in the lead on lap 30. She was credited with leading one lap but would later fall one lap down on lap 95. Patrick finished 14th, her best finish in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1ESKrF69v

Comment

Working...
          X