Old Iron Company Garage Tours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Iron Company Garage Tours

Went to Spencer Iowa yesterday for the Old Iron Garage Tours. What a fun deal, we toured 14 garage/shop's.
    Here is some pics

What a great day!!!
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Re: Old Iron Company Garage Tours

I hope you stayed out of my tool box!!! ;D My dad's shop was the last shop of the day where they had supper.

Some pretty nice cars in that town isn't there?

What did ya think overall?
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

Comment

I absolutely WANT the Bug with the engine in the front.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

there is stuff tucked away in nearly half of every barn/garage/shop is this area. we have a couple anually events in this area that are a lot of fun... flag fest, which has a car cruise on saturday night, which cars of all types fill downtown spencer till late in the evening. and the micro mini national put on by old iron company draws quite a crowd for small town iowa. great stuff and great pics to bad i had to work, would have loved to meet up and say hi george.

Comment

Nice pics, thanks for sharing . Cool

Comment

Originally posted by 1trickpony
            I hope you stayed out of my tool box!!! ;D My dad's shop was the last shop of the day where they had supper.

Some pretty nice cars in that town isn't there?

What did ya think overall?
            Jeff, we had to head back home before the final stop/potluck deal. We did make 14 garages, WOW!!! We had a wondeful time. What a great event!! Glad folks are tusting and take time to share.
            Steve, when we were in Sioux Rapids Larry mentioned you were probably working. Maybe next year!!
            Bang Shift Forums have made this world much smaller.
            This is absolutley Bang Shift Approved!!!
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I think its a pretty good way to break up the winter blues and get to talk and meet fellow gearheads. I think it its cool seeing some of these cars in the "build" stage because it gives you an idea of how the guy down the road does things.

Fort Dodge,IA has a garage tour coming up and also Sioux City ,IA.
              I haven't been to the one in Sioux City yet but from what I hear its worth the trip. Nice shops and something about soap box derby cars.
              I will have to get the dates and post them up here.

Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

Jeff, let me know the dates and places. I am real close to Sioux City but have never heard of any tours there. You are right it really breaks up the winter blues!! Not to mention a good reason to hang out with your buddies 8)

Comment

Working...
                X