Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I got a new pup! and a cat? So here's the story....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I got a new pup! and a cat? So here's the story....

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
    no kidding he's lucky - ever figure out how it got on the grille ?
    Lucky and the cat has good taste in cars if he is hanging out around Mopars.

Comment

Nice additions to the family! We have 2 dogs and 3 cats. Our oldest dog, Soozie is an Australian sheppard, she was a pet shop reject because her ears stood straight up and don't flop over. She was very submissive until we got a pup when Soozie was 2. It was the best thing we could have done. Soozie became the mom and dominant, she's been a great dog since, she's 13 now.

Our newest cat, Toonce is a great cat. She's not afraid of anything and mellow as they come. Personally, I like cats better. You can leave a bowl of food and water and go away for the week end with no issues or worry plus you don't have to walk them on cold, rainy or snowy nights ;D
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
        no kidding he's lucky - ever figure out how it got on the grille ?
        No f-ing clue ??? ...there is about a foot between the grill and the radiator and the whole area is sealed up tighter than a drum...I can't figure out for the life of me how the hell she got in there.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano

Personally, I like cats better. You can leave a bowl of food and water and go away for the week end with no issues or worry plus you don't have to walk them on cold, rainy or snowy nights ;D
          Yeah, that IS a deal Tom. Over the years, due to forced business or family emergency travel, we left Frecklee in the house for up to a whole week at the time. Two litter boxes, mounds of dry food, he will survive. I wouldn't recommend it, nor would we do that to him on purpose all the time (he gets bored as hell in the empty house), but he made it.

We rationalized that it was more humane to leave him bored in his own house than to have him locked up in a wire cage at a kennel or vet's office with lots of unfamliar and perhaps hostile animal characters around him in close quarters. At least that's what we rationailzed.

Can't do that any more, though. Poor Freck is so old he's lost most of his teeth and has to eat soft food only, so we have to be here to feed him all the time. But he did get into Spankie's dry food dog dish the other morning....maybe's he's just playing with us that way, messin' with our minds. That's possible, too.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
            Originally posted by Huskinhano

Personally, I like cats better. You can leave a bowl of food and water and go away for the week end with no issues or worry plus you don't have to walk them on cold, rainy or snowy nights ;D
            Yeah, that IS a deal Tom. Over the years, due to forced business or family emergency travel, we left Frecklee in the house for up to a whole week at the time. Two litter boxes, mounds of dry food, he will survive. I wouldn't recommend it, nor would we do that to him on purpose all the time (he gets bored as hell in the empty house), but he made it.

We rationalized that it was more humane to leave him bored in his own house than to have him locked up in a wire cage at a kennel or vet's office with lots of unfamliar and perhaps hostile animal characters around him in close quarters. At least that's what we rationailzed.

Can't do that any more, though. Poor Freck is so old he's lost most of his teeth and has to eat soft food only, so we have to be here to feed him all the time. But he did get into Spankie's dry food dog dish the other morning....maybe's he's just playing with us that way, messin' with our minds. That's possible, too.

Hey Peewee, I agree with you. I remember when I was a kid and we'd leave Mischief in the kennel on vacation, he'd be a basket case for a while. At least he's in familiar atmosphere. Cats do quite well with no teeth and dry food. Been there done that. Peewee, answer this for me. Why do cats like dog food snd dogs like cat food. I do this for treats and they all love it. As I sit here typing with Toonce and Tang on my lap ;D
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
            X