Goliath smiled today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goliath smiled today

Geez guys, it's just a bunch of sheet metal ... not like there is gonna be forged internals or sumpthin' !!
    :D

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
      Geez guys, it's just a bunch of sheet metal ... not like there is gonna be forged internals or sumpthin' !!
      ah, but they're not green

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
        Originally posted by White Monster
        ah, but they're not green
        And it just wouldn't be BangShift if we weren't giving someone grief over something Steve. ;)

Comment

Yay...finally opened the damned boxes.

All the pieces present and accounted for. I'll throw a couple photos up later. One piece was back ordered but it shipped today. Hoping to get the plates squared away next week and drive the truck to Jon's shop to let them perform the surgery!

Not one piece from China....all from Taiwan or Thailand.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Yay...finally opened the damned boxes.

All the pieces present and accounted for. I'll throw a couple photos up later. One piece was back ordered but it shipped today. Hoping to get the plates squared away next week and drive the truck to Jon's shop to let them perform the surgery!

Not one piece from China....all from Taiwan or Thailand.

Brian
            Maybe not the PDR China, but Taiwan is still China to either side.

Congrats dude, I'm going to have to get some LMC parts for my 99 Silverado soon.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I understand the Taiwan deal. It was a lame attempt at being a smart ass.

I did a bit of a test and ordered two sets of the same panels. One set is listed as the OEM style while the other, $10.00 cheaper is just there in the catalog on it's own. There's a big difference in quality between the two with the OEM style piece being stamped of a much thicker steel and far it is closer to the panels in the truck. I'm going to send the non-OEM style pieces back, but I was interested in seeing the differences. There is definitely a difference.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                I understand the Taiwan deal. It was a lame attempt at being a smart ass.

I did a bit of a test and ordered two sets of the same panels. One set is listed as the OEM style while the other, $10.00 cheaper is just there in the catalog on it's own. There's a big difference in quality between the two with the OEM style piece being stamped of a much thicker steel and far it is closer to the panels in the truck. I'm going to send the non-OEM style pieces back, but I was interested in seeing the differences. There is definitely a difference.

Brian
                Chinese or not, that's good info to know. As I said before, Custom Classic Trucks sing their praises like they can do no wrong. It would be nice if we could get more "real world info" like that, but that's what you get when you do stories for sponsors I guess. Hence why I like coming here. I know I can get a better read of products from you and from other members. I assume an article/pics will be forthcoming when the install is finished?

Comment

Hells yes!

Comment

Plates? nice!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                    X