• Show
Clear All

• You put rims on that ?

think peopleofwalmart.com but for cars

http://www.youputrimsonthat.com/
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Re: You put rims on that ?

unique stuff...
    I am surprised to see no subarus, or little trucks. maybe the rally realm with photos of tall skinny, short, wide, big wheeled and little... must be no surprise to be applicable.

I may submit my own for a laugh, not unrealistic, but hey, large french wheels on the jap mobile. Won't see much of that ever. :D
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I honestly don't know what to say to this one. In one way it's kinda neat, but it is completely ridiculous and a colossal waste of money.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNQAX...layer_embedded
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

uh, ah, what the hell?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mz01...layer_embedded
        Andrew
        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
          They're bosozoku. The explanation I've heard for why they do that is that Japan has a really ridiculous inspection process every two years- it costs oodles of money, and almost no modifications are allowed. (Although Japanese inspectors aren't any more immune to bribes than their American counterparts.) So to get back, these guys take older cars and stick the most ridiculous, over the top mods on them they can, and either make them easily reversed so they're off the car when the inspection time rolls around, or they just scrap the cars when the next inspection comes up. I may not like the way they look, but it's a good way to protest stupid laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer
            They're bosozoku.
            I think there's also some crazy nationalist vibe to it too, at least there is with the two stroke bike gangs with huge pipes. Sort of like "greasers" but with more ties to organize crime. The cars might be a different deal though... just kids having fun.
            Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Comment

funny stuff!!!

some of the old (unmodified) jap cars had kinda neat looking bodys
                COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Those guy's are 'off the Hizzel' ;D. ~J/W.

Comment

I way too old for this shit
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Matt- We were poking around tonight on you tube after I showed that video on you tube to my wife and a buddy, and we founf another related video, except it also had a bunch of vans, and semi trucks and dump trucks. I am talking like this stuff looked like either a light bright to make a carnie jealous, or rejects from a transformer movie demo shoot for new vehicles.
                      Andrew
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I saw the same vid I think - the trucks were like pachinko machines or slot machines and the vans looked like the semi in Maximum Overdrive kinda... there were a couple of the vans that looked evil. I would have never thought you could make a Mazda minivan look sinister?!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Slick
                          I saw the same vid I think - the trucks were like pachinko machines or slot machines and the vans looked like the semi in Maximum Overdrive kinda... there were a couple of the vans that looked evil. I would have never thought you could make a Mazda minivan look sinister?!
                          Well, I'd seen this sinister Japanese minivan before on another site...

Ok, that may be the wrong sort of sinister. (Click here if the picture doesn't work.)

Comment

Working...
                          X