Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DETROIT DRAGWAY REUNION - Saturday, May 21 - Milan Dragway (MI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DETROIT DRAGWAY REUNION - Saturday, May 21 - Milan Dragway (MI)

DETROIT DRAGWAY .... SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDA-A-A-AY!!!!

Yup, that place where the classic "two-voice screamer" drag racing radio commercial was first announced in 1961.

As Lions was the epi-center for Top Fuel dragster action, so was Detroit Dragway the epi-center for the whole transition from early 1960's "bubble-top" factory stocks to Funny Cars during the decade from 1962-72. It was that absolute launch pad for the entire Muscle Car era!

Recalling that period - and much other action that took place at the storied track - will be the purpose of this year's event. They've even invited that period's track announcer - some geezer named Lundberg - to return and recall those days with story-telling, outright benchracing and vintage cars pulled from the pits to provide live examples during impromptu "Drag Racing History - 101" seminars for attending fans. Rumor has it that several members of the original Ramchargers may also attend.

Should area car owners wish to have appraisal inspections before, during or after the event, those arrangements can be made through here, via PM, or the website at: www.southwest-valuations.com

Hope to see you there,
    Jon Lundberg

Jon W. Lundberg, Sr., RETIRED

Re: DETROIT DRAGWAY REUNION - Saturday, May 21 - Milan Dragway (MI)

This is a good one Jon -

May 7, 1966 Detroit Dragway radio commercial with pictures from the era.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Man would I love to be there! Probably not going to work as I don't think ME will be spoiling Grands that week.

Dan

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Jon, that should be one kick ass event.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

John,

Will you be announcing there?

"A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Sounds way cool - hopefully we can get a bunch of us together there? I could play host if things fall together right....
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
            X