No announcement yet.

SPEED's "CAR WARIORS" Pass or Fail?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPEED's "CAR WARIORS" Pass or Fail?????

So, what does the BANGshift crowd think of this new show?

IMO, to much drama and egos, and to much "to recap from before the commercial break".

I did like the race to pull the old engine, to win the "big" mill.
    Pass
    0%
    Fail
    0%
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Re: SPEED's "CAR WARIORS" Pass or Fail?????

fail, because I forgot to set the dvr..

Comment

Too much focus on the stupid conflict, not enough focus on the car build.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I voted "pass" but would have preferred a category of "wait and see."

I'll watch again, I'm hoping it gets better.

Typical TV fare, too much drama, not enough fabrication and building.

Comment

when I saw they had that cheeze box from pimp my ride and barris I thought FAIL!!!!
          jimmy shine had the only correct judgement there, the other two dorks say"oh look at the pretty paint"
          artsy fartsy custom car dorks cant judge real hotrods :
          next time the winners will have lot of tvs and stuff :P :P :P :P :P
          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Another typical crap fest. That show could be done in 20 minutes if you cut out the recaps and commercials.

Terrible.
            1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
            1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Oops, I hit the wrong button when I voted. Take one off the 'Pass' and add it to 'Fail'.

This was another show about tension and conflict, NOT a car show. I'm not even going to give that crap any more mention and just talk about why I tuned in in the first place: The cars.

The Gasser just looked awkward and weird, which is sad because with a few tweeks it could have been badass. The bodywork and paint looked top notch, but there was never any shots where you could see if it was skill or camera trickery.

Old Skull could have been cool, but instead turned out garish as hell. The hood mural was cool, but if you are going to have that the rest of the car needs to be alot more subtle and subdued - especially that interior. I get what they were trying to do, but it was just way to much visual input.

There was virtually no coverage of fabrication or problem solving except where it was a backdrop for the conflict (Gasser fender, Old Skull hood). One of the teams put together a friggin straight axle gasser! There was no mention of the difficulty of the conversion, what a gasser was, the time period when they were around, why they looked like they did, etc, etc, etc... There were no shots that really showed off the skill of the individuals involved. There were absolutely no technical details given on the parts used other than the HP of the engine, not even the displacement, or the type of transmission used, the rear gearing, or... This was strictly a bunch of people bitching with a garage and cars as a backdrop. Why on earth would I want to watch this crap ever again?

Failure. Sheer and utter failure.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Just another in a long line of soap operas. Not worth a second look.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I was initially pissed I missed this, but you guys are quickly changing that opinion. :D
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian, you might want to watch it just to keep up with new stuff that's coming out, but that's the only reason I would even recommend it. Honestly, it's not worth it though.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

I own a big ass HD TV that is hooked up to nothing but my DVD player and computer. No cable, satellite or anything else. I got tired of watching the least shittiest show along time ago.
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        I was initially pissed I missed this, but you guys are quickly changing that opinion. :D
                        DAMN....

same here..missed it..and i was really looking forward to it.....{shrug}
                        "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

GOOD:
                          1. The race to pull donks out to win the good one. (although the team that one the first episode had a 6cyl stang vs the texans with a V8 car and I'd say the six was quicker{easier} to pull)
                          2. That there is a show on TV with this concept, which has the POTENTIAL to be quite good.

BAD:
                          1. George Barris
                          2. The host has the personality of a tree stump.
                          3. The "Testing" looks like its done on a public road..Are they too cheap to at least go to a racetrack??
                          4. Too much Ego on the All stars team (what would one expect though!)
                          5. The taste exhibited in the cars rebuild...yukko... The gasser looked shitte..way too wide wheels on the front for one, while the texans interior was utterly revolting.
                          6. Lame ass descriptions of components and a lack of techy stuff...engine size etc, as previously mentioned in this thread

Comment

There was virtually no coverage of fabrication or problem solving except where it was a backdrop for the conflict (Gasser fender, Old Skull hood). One of the teams put together a friggin straight axle gasser! There was no mention of the difficulty of the conversion, what a gasser was, the time period when they were around, why they looked like they did, etc, etc, etc... There were no shots that really showed off the skill of the individuals involved. There were absolutely no technical details given on the parts used other than the HP of the engine, not even the displacement, or the type of transmission used, the rear gearing, or... This was strictly a bunch of people bitching with a garage and cars as a backdrop. Why on earth would I want to watch this crap ever again?
                            EXACTLY!!! I watch shows like that to learn and see how others handle their builds, not to see a bunch of dorks arguing and fighting or screwing around. : There was practically no tech info at all and I missed how they 'fixed' the hood clearance issue on the blue team.

Comment

They cut the air filter in half and notched the bracing on the hood. They also had to notch the bracing around the radiator cap. Why in the hell they didn't test fit the engine is beyond me.
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X