I Don't Want to Cause Alarm, But..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Want to Cause Alarm, But..

I got an email from a Weeville contributor yesterday. A forward, as they all are. I clicked on it in my inbox.

This computer stopped. It hosed up and quit and sat there spooling for minutes. I was staring at it. Nothing was happening.

Short story, just trying to open that email....it was an awful virus.

The first rule of computing as I know it is, don't open an attachment if you are suspicious of it. But this bug came in when I tried to open the email.

Sue Unit is helping with this and we've done everything we can think to do. Virus scan. System restore to an earlier date. System Care software. All of it.

Total cold shutdown, and the desktop came up - that was NOT my desktop. That's not my computer. Half of the shortcuts were gone.

Everything - settings, favorites on the web browser, it's like I have to train a new computer all over again.

I'm not sure what the messasge is - never open an email? The bad guys have gotten a whole lot better all of a sudden. They beat every safeguard I have on this machine.

Not a lot to look forward to.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: I Don't Want to Cause Alarm, But..

I have not done that in ten years..

keep up to date on stuff. service pack 1 is out for win 7
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Re: I Don't Want to Cause Alarm, But..

Check your PM? I sent some information to you.

Malicious little bastards, they put them in jail every now and then. It makes me sad that we even have to have an antivirus. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you.

Comment

Working...
      X