One day, I'm gonna find Murphy and kick his a$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One day, I'm gonna find Murphy and kick his a$$

So, got my truck running real nice, got the old Plymouth running and legal...and the kid calls...Mustang is broke down. SOAB! drive out to him and check the car out...wont start, it died while he was driving. We took a drive to Autozone, got a new pro rated battery for the old one (2.50!) and new terminals. Got it all hooked up and she started fine...BUT...there is a knock. I ask WTF? we check the oil and its BONE dry. He said he got the oil changed at Jiffy Lube 3 weeks ago. They didnt put a drop of effing oil in the car. I ask where the receipt is, he doesn't have it. So now he is driving my effing truck and the Fury is back to DD duty. (keep tuned to the project thread for updates on the fun)

The light at the end of the tunnel? Well, I got a kid who works for me and he is moving to England. He has a 01 Ram for sale. It's a good solid truck and I know every thing about them...he needs to sell it and I got dibs..Me and this kid are pretty tight and he wants to do me a solid before he goes...the price 1K. It isn't pretty but it is better than putting an engine in that effing Mustang..

So, I got a back up plan...WTF is your plan now Murph..how you gonna screw me this time you jagoff!
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: One day, I'm gonna find Murphy and kick his a$$

murphy he's a sob for shur!! ;D
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

<shakes head>
      Oh no, never taunt him. He will rise to the challenge. :o
      Do you go around smashing mirrors and kicking nuns for fun?

You gonna keep the Mustang as a toy?
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

OUCH about the Mustang! What year is it?

Comment

the ram will love the hike in gas prices

Comment

trick them into admitting they changed your oil. go argue about the brand filter, say they say suppose to use a better one then they put on, when they look in records to prove you wrong, tell them about the car... might get lucky and it actually work...

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Actually...Jiffy Lube should have a computerized record of the service...they all are on a network. I'd see if they can pull it up...play the role of concerned dad, get them to print you a reciept..
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I'd go to a different Jiffy Lube and act like you didn't believe your kid about having his oil changed and have them print you the receipt then take the receipt to the Jiffy Lube that screwed up?

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon

Its a 02, V6 car. I don't like the damn thing and am not sad to see it go. I may just keep it long enough to tear the top end apart to see what went wrong..It sounds like something let loose on the left head, the screw driver to the ear says it is the second cylinder back on the left side and dead center under the intake....if I can fix it in the driveway I will, but am still going to buy the Ram.

Jim, the Ram I am going to buy gets better mileage that the Mustang. He will be better off.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I think he's shown up here > I need to replace the starter in the Skylark, and yesterday was too snowy, and today it has a coolant temp of 12*F and the starter doesn't have the power to start the car even with jumper cables from the jeep helping out >
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

!he bastard is everywhere. I say we fro a lynch mob and find him. I am fed up with his shenanigans!

Comment

BUT LADIE , march 17th is near,,

Comment

Thought I'd try and dig out the T-bird because I've been wanting to drive it and such, but to hell with that too. The drift is 3ft tall ( and 12ftx50ft), which isn't so bad except the bottom 2ft are now ice and require pickaxe time as well as shovelling. Screw it, I'll wait until it's about melted off.

(of course if I actually needed either car I'd get the job done, but motivation is low since it's a want and not a need.)
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                            Originally posted by Shannon

Its a 02, V6 car. I don't like the damn thing and am not sad to see it go. I may just keep it long enough to tear the top end apart to see what went wrong..It sounds like something let loose on the left head, the screw driver to the ear says it is the second cylinder back on the left side and dead center under the intake....if I can fix it in the driveway I will, but am still going to buy the Ram.

Jim, the Ram I am going to buy gets better mileage that the Mustang. He will be better off.
                            Down here, you can find Fords with 3.8's in them all day long in the junkyard. If you need anything, give me a shout.

Comment

Rett...how rough is it?
                              Hell, I'd buy it off of you so I could drop in a 351c I have here.

I need to find a newer DD from myself...just sucks you are that far away.
                              Andrew
                              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                              X