Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would pay $295 for a track day running your car at Watkins Glen roadcoarse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would pay $295 for a track day running your car at Watkins Glen roadcoarse?

I'm looking into the 2011 shedule for open track events near NY, in which to run the Pace Car at. $295 for a track day at the Glen, $545 for the two day package.

It made me think, who else would pay that for a track day?

Here's where to find more info

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Re: Who would pay $295 for a track day running your car at Watkins Glen roadcoarse?

I'd pay it gladly, but there are jobs down here and I can't leave it. It's the anti-thesis to SGM.

Comment

Re: Who would pay $295 for a track day running your car at Watkins Glen roadcoarse?

how much actually track time do you get with the one day price ?
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

lime rock is a better deal , but it is way more expensive than bracket racing

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Slick
          I'd pay it gladly, but there are jobs down here and I can't leave it. It's the anti-thesis to SGM.
          the what ?

trade you for a good leg

Comment

looks like fun.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
              Originally posted by Tom Slick
              the what ?

trade you for a good leg
              Driving Watglins Glen for that price for a day. 8 hours is what I expect of a day, just like any employer.

Maybe Buickguy will weigh in on this - does Watkins Glen constitute a stress from an insurance / fitness perspective? I'm not trying to be rude here, I would like to know. I'll start a 'get SGM on the Glen' bet that will put you there before you know it happened, in the cav' even. ;)

Comment

I made runs in a 66 corvette at bridgehampton track day in 1993 dude ....raising kids and a mommy is pretty hard in this economy , , I think it's funny , but I have a lack of ego

Comment

You have no idea how fun this idea sounds to the teenager that has a car set up for roadracing in the garage. But said teenager needs his money for Maxton.

Comment

Tasty.

First job, kid at the Exxon had a 4.10 geared '67 327 4spd. Funky yellow GM color. I loved that car. Good looking rides.

seriously, would anybody have a legal issue with you blowing around the track a few times now? PM me if this is too close to home... I'm not trying to be a dink.

Comment

N.H.M.S. track day is free if you buy tickets to a nascar race..

the GLEN track day, 295.00 might be 8 hours, but you'll not see anywhere near that..
                      unless only 10 cars show for the day..
                      they are not gonna let 100 cars on the grid all at once

Comment

i would so do that if i had the money and time off. witch i have neather

would love to hammer the Grand Marquis around a cours ;D

Comment

That seems a bit high. My friend Joe Quaranto runs two events there every summer, they are two day deals as well. You can do one day or both. You can get info on them here:

Good classroom instruction, one on one in-car instruction as well. Joe did a stint in the Air Force, so he keeps things running on schedule, and doesn't take any guff from anyone. I may be down this year at the late summer event to instruct.

cheers
                          Ed N.
                          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Man that's tempting, it looks like for the $295 you get 2.5 hours of seat time on the track. Too bad the firebird has a broken sway bar and needs two calipers and four rotors... oh, and a set of decent tires....
                            Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Don't know NJ law for L&I but, most people who are recovering from injuries are also on meds that prevent them from running at the track.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X