Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would pay $295 for a track day running your car at Watkins Glen roadcoarse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who would pay $295 for a track day running your car at Watkins Glen roadcoarse?

Out here a typical track day runs anywhere from a low of $180, to close to $550 at laguna seca.

I say do it.

Comment

Re: Who would pay $295 for a track day running your car at Watkins Glen roadcoarse?

Originally posted by fast Ed
      Thanks for that link Ed, I have a friend that runs with that group at the Glen, and from what he said it was a bunch of guys that were part of the old Shelby club in western NY. My friend ran a two event with them at the Glen in June last year and had a riot, was in the 500plus dollar range too.

The Glen is a nice easy 80 min. drive from my home so even if some of the other tracks are cheaper to run at, they're further away so, would cost more for me.

All good input, thanks guys!
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Here is a copy and paste from SCDA1, of what a first time novice will get for the $295,

Novice - The novice run group is designed for the driving enthusiast that has limited or no prior track experience. This student may have previously completed in a few track events, but this is not required. Many of the students in the Novice run group will have never been to the track. Learning the fundamentals of performance driving, with a strong emphasis placed on learning the proper "line" around the track are the top priorities for the Novice student. Typically, the Novice student will be participating in his or her street car - and these cars are usually in stock or slightly modified configuration. If you are just starting out with performance track driving, then the most vital element that will help you become a better driver is getting track time, under the observation of our highly qualified SCDA instructors. Spending thousands of dollars on aftermarket "go-fast" parts for your car (such as racing tires, aftermarket suspension components and engine enhancements) is not as important as getting your street car out to the track and getting seat time! All Novice students will be provided with one on one instruction. An SCDA instructor will ride in your car, and will work on helping you learn the proper line, as well as other aspects of performance driving. Moreover, the SCDA will always provide highly informative classroom sessions, taught by a Professional Driver. Classroom curriculum will include: explanation of the flags, entering and exiting the Pit Lane, line discussion, basic vehicle dynamics discussion, and a question and answer session. We will look at some in-car video footage, and will also provide a track specific PowerPoint presentation
        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

I would cheerfully shell out $300 for that.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

The price is good. Great track. Go have some fun.

Comment

Typically at a track school you will get roughly 2 to 2-1/2 hours per day of actual on-track time. The rest will be classrooms, lunch, and other breaks. Believe me, for your first time out, that will be plenty. It will be sensory and information overload, and at the end of the day you will be tired and happy.

The Glen is an amazing course, with an excellent facility. Beautiful region of NY as well, I love going down. Haven't been since 2004 myself, really hoping to do so this year.

cheers
              Ed N.

edit for grammar
              Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
              07 Mustang GT with some stuff
              88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

I'd love to try but it's not in the cards right now. I understand at the Wyoming county fair grounds just down the road from me in PA on RT6 there's talk of building a track.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I pay 100$ for 3 days here..then i can drive from friday morning 10pm to sunday evening 8am.Drive as much as you like..i did 60 rounds the last day..in 2 hours..track is 2,6 miles long.

Comment

We have a local track (nelson ledges) that does a handful of track days per year for $130. It sounds like this watkins glen deal includes instruction though which would be very helpful.
                    Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
                      N.H.M.S. track day is free if you buy tickets to a nascar race..

the GLEN track day, 295.00 might be 8 hours, but you'll not see anywhere near that..
                      unless only 10 cars show for the day..
                      they are not gonna let 100 cars on the grid all at once
                      do you know how much it costs when you dont buy nascar tickets? and do you know when it is?

Comment

Working...
                      X