Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fun Car with Good Gas Mileage

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss
    im sure ill get bashed for this because im not suggesting a domestic car : but...
    Nah, I'm going to bash you for not reading any of the previous posts.

BMW, Audi, Nissan, Honda and Volkswagon have already been mentioned.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
      im sure ill get bashed for this because im not suggesting a domestic car : but...
      Nah, I'm going to bash you for not reading any of the previous posts.

BMW, Audi, Nissan, Honda and Volkswagon have already been mentioned.
      i know they've all been mentioned, i was just recommending them :

heres a new one though...acura integra GSR, runs 14's stock, has leather interior, handles great and gets over 30mpg and can be had for way less than $4,500

Comment

..acura integra GSR,
        They are awesome SCCA autocross weapons too.
        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

We had a VR6 Jetta and it was a blast! It seemed there was nothing we could do to make it get less than 28mpg.
          It drove /handled great. Ours for some reason ate a MAS to the tune of $280 (parts only,I changed it)8 DAYS OUT OF WARRANTY AND THEY (VW) WOULD NOT COVER IT!! It was my wifes car,9 months after we got it she went to Korea for a year (USAF) I drove it one weekend a month while she was gone. About 3 months after she got back the MIL came on,car only had 8500miles.
          The fact the dealer/VWUSA would in no way budge for a member of the military who was out of the country without her car over 8 DAYS has checked VW/Audi off my list forever.

But it was a cool car.

Comment

I like the Subrau WRX, and they are starting to go down in price for 2002-2005
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

No where near new but I saw clean turbocoupe on the side of the road I thought the $2500 asking price was a little bit high but was in good shape ihave heard the get around 30 mph can be made to run fast
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03.1
                We had a VR6 Jetta and it was a blast! It seemed there was nothing we could do to make it get less than 28mpg.
                It drove /handled great. Ours for some reason ate a MAS to the tune of $280 (parts only,I changed it)8 DAYS OUT OF WARRANTY AND THEY (VW) WOULD NOT COVER IT!! It was my wifes car,9 months after we got it she went to Korea for a year (USAF) I drove it one weekend a month while she was gone. About 3 months after she got back the MIL came on,car only had 8500miles.
                The fact the dealer/VWUSA would in no way budge for a member of the military who was out of the country without her car over 8 DAYS has checked VW/Audi off my list forever.

But it was a cool car.
                We have been very lucky in that the service department at our dealer has been great. We had a few gremlins that crept up before and after our warranty ran out. They went way out on a limb to get things covered under warranty. I have heard other folks complain about their dealer's service/service departments, but I have no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                  I like the Subrau WRX, and they are starting to go down in price for 2002-2005

I had an '04 WRX wagon, and beat the snot outta it on a regular basis. LOVED it. Wish I still had one.

It pulled mid- to high- 20's except I ALWAYS had my foot ALL the way in it. Which meant 22-ish usually.

Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

TDI's are turds. They are slow. Unless you think 17's are fast...

As someone that worked for a dealership chain for 7 years, I can tell you to avoid VW/Audi if you want something even close to reliable. They break a lot and when they do break, everything costs twice as much.

A BMW would definitely be fun to drive, but they have electrical gremlins and, again, nothing is cheap.

I'm a Chevy guy, but I would take a Focus over a Cobalt unless it was a Cobalt SS. The fit and finish is better in the Focus.

Comment

Originally posted by daved931
                      TDI's are turds. They are slow. Unless you think 17's are fast...
                      Volkswagen TDI's are no rocketships, for sure, but they can be aftermarket tuned to put out
                      an extra 20% HP and 30% TQ, all while improving MPG to over 60... Not some internet BS;
                      something I've assisted in doing several times. Older TDI's will also accept up to B50, as in
                      50% refined BioDiesel, which can be cheaper as well.

As for reliability, they're no worse for wear than any other manufacturer, provided you're
                      not buying a pre-'93 car, which are infamous for their MoTronic ignition/injection and OBD-I
                      systems. And sure, parts may be a little more expensive(buy from www.germanautoparts.com
                      instead of the dealership, save BIG $), but our A4 with the 1.8T has saved us a lot on fuel. MPG
                      near 30 MPG mixed in a 10 year old car... We're buying a new Jetta Sportwagon with the TDI
                      after the 2012 models come out; nothing with more space or better MPG on the market...

Comment

vette.... chevette, that is. 4 cyl 4spd rear wheel drive hatchback - hauls anything but ass... either kind.

But its american, very cheap to repair, no puter. and no one will EVER steal it.
                        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496
                          vette.... chevette, that is. 4 cyl 4spd rear wheel drive hatchback - hauls anything but ass... either kind.

But its american, very cheap to repair, no puter. and no one will EVER steal it.

Fun Car with Good Gas Mileage

;D

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496

Fun Car with Good Gas Mileage

vettes can be fun :-\ ;) its all in how you work the pedals ;D

;D
                            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

fun for 5 minutes before the shock towns burst though the hood or it blows a head gasket

my parents had 3 of those things not a single one made it past 30,000 miles. my old auto instructor was a chevy dealer tech and he said those cars where job security

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Dippy
                                fun for 5 minutes before the shock towns burst though the hood or it blows a head gasket

my parents had 3 of those things not a single one made it past 30,000 miles. my old auto instructor was a chevy dealer tech and he said those cars where job security
                                Ok... well, I've only had one. so ya got me there. It only had 120,000 on it when I bought it, and it was a daily driver for 4 yrs and got to 210,000 with nuthin but brakes needed... The front end was completely worn out which is why it was forced to retire it as a daily driver and it became a race car for the field next to my house. It did that for another 2 seasons before a neighbor asked if I would sell it to them for $150 bucks less than what I paid for it. That little piece of crap is painted flat black now, and some older guy in franklin drives it to work an back. I keep seeing it in traffic. Oh an when i post ;D' faces... it probably means I'm trying to be humorous ;D ;D ;D maybe not successfully, but tryin' ;D ;D ;D
                                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                                X