My crap experience at Hamer Toyota in Mission Hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My crap experience at Hamer Toyota in Mission Hills

It's almost time to turn in my leased '09 Matrix, so I go in to see my options. Keep it, give it back, trade it. Well, the Matrix fits what I need for different reasons. But, after 3 years I can only get a new '10 Matrix. After 3 yrs, I only get a one yr newer one. There are to be no 2011's they say. They have a 2010 Model "S", which is a bit more money because it has 2 more HP. I'm at $238 a month now and told them I'd like to stay the same my next 3 yrs. They quote me something over $300 and I leave after over an hour wasted. I still have 3 months left. They call me and tell me $227 + tax. Well, I say go for it, it's less that $10 more, I'll see you tomorrow. He said the price is only good that day. I told him it's 4PM and around here traffic makes that 10 min. drive to almost an hour. Ain't doing it. I go in the next morning and fill papers out for an hour and I'm happy to see a rough draft indicating $221 + tax. Better, right? But the final after tax is indicated at $269. We're dealing with math wizards. The guy says don't worry, the $269 is wrong. The supposed boss that barely speaks any English (WTF's bilingual mean to these guys? Good Spanish and barely any English-gotta love it) says it's right. I demand they shred all my signed docs and I wanna leave. The guy puts my docs in a box and I hear no shredding. He says it's a lock box for a bonded shredding company that comes every week and only they have the key. A few hours later, I decide I don't wanna put any more effort into this thing and will pay the $269. I have more important car stuff in my life than my DD affairs. I got back that afternoon and all my signed docs appear out of the "lock box" as if by magic. I'm pissed off, but stay quiet as to save time. Now comes the good part. For 2 days now these guys are looking at me like I walk on water. Apparently my 846 credit score is better than most? I'm a mechanic, WTF do I know? After another 1/2 hour with the finance officer, he tells me I don't claim to make enough money per month and can't sell me the car. I tell him I have no wife, kids or mortgage. I don't need a big income to cover a lousy $269 a month. He tells me I should just LIE on the paperwork. I told him he's crazy. I also ask, doesn't my really good credit score indicate I PAY MY BILLS? So, they'd rather sell/lease a car to someone that makes a measely $100 more a month (that's all I was short) that has 3 nappy headed kids, a wife, girlfriend, and a big mortgage? Small wonder the God Damn banks are in trouble. I also asked, aren't you encouraging people to buy your cars and then be delinquent on payments? I scrape all the papers off his desk and tell him I'LL shred the shit this time. Next thing I know this other asshole that barely speaks a word of English is giving me shit about how they have been bending over backwards to lease the car and now it's my turn to bend over. I told him he'd better back off. Besides, if lying about shredding my docs, raising the price, and encouraging me to lie is your way of bending over backwards, you'd better hope the owner doesn't find out. So, I live alone, in a home I own, I have supposed stellar credit (whatever the #### that means), and I can't rent a freaking car that's less then $300 a month. LAUGHING MY FREAKING ASS OFF.

PS-a big thanks to Shawn and Wincey. They were the only shining lights through the whole thing. Oh, and another floor manager that stood me up on the 1st day looked to be about 15 years old. It was a good thing he stood me up though, as that's how I met Shawn.
    STUGOTS

Re: My crap experience at Hamer Toyota in Mission Hills

Man......I'd rather take a beatin than
    negotiate for a new car

it wears me out

all the damn back and forth shit

like you mentioned.......I'm surprised with your
    credit score you didn't get the car
    how the hell do they think you got it?

duh.....paying you bills on time
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Buy a 6 cyl 71 Nova. No problem there and it will do fine on gas. Car dealers really suck !

Comment

Loved the part where you take all The papers. Anyway Toyota obviously isn't hurting bad sales wise.you need to find someone a little more degisperate. GM, Ford, Fiat I Chrysler. PS. Was buying it the same monthly? Know a Guy that leased a new truck for 6 year's then turned around and financed it for four more to own it.

Comment

Originally posted by hoosiergta
          Loved the part where you take all The papers. Anyway Toyota obviously isn't hurting bad sales wise.you need to find someone a little more degisperate. GM, Ford, Fiat I Chrysler. PS. Was buying it the same monthly? Know a Guy that leased a new truck for 6 year's then turned around and financed it for four more to own it.
          I never asked the payment if I were to continue. I have never had anything late model til this. I did it 3 yrs ago when gas hit $5. As far as buying it..... The bumper to bumper warantee goes away...it soon will need tires/battery/front brakes.....I'm not interested in any of that. BTW, they called me on day 3 (yesterday), and leased it to me
          STUGOTS

Comment

One of the guys in my car club is a retired bank president. He told me that all that credit rating dance stuff is just marketing hooey. My rating was stellar, too - and he said it might get me a half-point off when buying a house on a day that doesn't end in "y". In other words, it's all bullshit.

Add in the car dealer scumbag factor, then color me surprised you didn't just up and kill them all to make a point.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

That's why I buy old used cars. The last car we bought was from a used car dealer (06 Freestar with 78,000 miles). Had a great experience and the car's been trouble fee other then replacing the windshield wiper control. Car had a meticulous Carfax as well. No payment ;D Out of the 3 cars we have the lowest milage is 98,000 up to 159,000 miles. The Freestar just clicked over 100K last night....good for another 100K.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

It seems you finally got the ending you wanted, just a shame you had to go through all that BS and hard feeling.

With very few exceptions, the reception I've generally received at Toyota and Honda dealers has been that I should feel honoured if they see fit to sell me one of their cars. Their smugness is just unbelieveable. Toyota's initial response to that unintended acceleration issue (regardless of the debate over whether or not it was bogus and what the cause might have been) only confirmed their status as arrogant SOBs. The result, when it comes to imports, is that I've only ever bought Nissan or Mazda (and the latter are tickig me off too, but that's another story).
                Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Wow, I'm not buying a new car.
                  I know the dealers in town pretty much suck, but that guy telling you to lie maybe you should report them to the BBB.

My friend is actually having issues with this Jeep SRT8.
                  Less then 27,000 on it and it's spending more time in the dealerships service bay.

The Radio went out
                  The Rear Rotors/Pads/Calipers got changed out.

The icing on the cake was the check engine light coming on and now it needs oxygen sensors.

At least the dealer is doing it under warranty and if there are anymore issues will give him back the money and they can part ways, but still where the hell is the quality control?

"I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

This is why we are all supposed to only drive old cars.
                    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
                      Buy a 6 cyl 71 Nova. No problem there and it will do fine on gas. Car dealers really suck !
                      +1
                      I see I am not the only one, that could have driven one for the rest of my car bangshifting life.

imagine a 74 chevelle, the size of a japanese yacht, getting 30mpg. (I had one with a 250ci monojet)

the engine was so small in proportion, I had to feel a spot on the steering column to now it was running sometimes.(for REAL)
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

After a good first year in business, I decided to go and buy the wife the new car she had wanted, a Chrysler Sebring convertible. The purchasing experience was a NIGHTMARE. The desparate, moronic clowns I had to deal with and the way they acted was freakin' incredible. At one point I had to stand in the middle of the room raising my voice to get them to stop their ongoing creepy little act...at another, these two guys literally physically blocked the door so that I could not leave the room. We loved the car after the last of perhaps a dozen warranty visits but I've never been back to a dealer showroom.

Comment

My last "New" vehicle was in 2000, the last new one before that was in 1973. When I'm ready to upgrade I usually go to the Auction and buy about a two or three year old vehicle and drive it till I get borred and then sell it on Craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven
                            It seems you finally got the ending you wanted, just a shame you had to go through all that BS and hard feeling.

With very few exceptions, the reception I've generally received at Toyota and Honda dealers has been that I should feel honoured if they see fit to sell me one of their cars. Their smugness is just unbelieveable. Toyota's initial response to that unintended acceleration issue (regardless of the debate over whether or not it was bogus and what the cause might have been) only confirmed their status as arrogant SOBs. The result, when it comes to imports, is that I've only ever bought Nissan or Mazda (and the latter are tickig me off too, but that's another story).
                            Yep......the Honda dealer in South County St. Louis
                            can kiss my ass.

Several years ago we visited there......it was all we
                            could do to get a salesperson's attention.

It was like they were doing me a favor to wait on me.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I had the same kind of bad experience years ago with South County VW in Huntington Beach. When I didn't want to pay their high price the sales manager told be to, and I quote, "grow some balls". I wanted to punch the motherf**ker! But instead I just walked out.
                              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
                              X