Got to Meet Another BSer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to Meet Another BSer

As always, a pleasure. Cstmwgn (Allen) and I have been PMing for the past couple of trips down to FL and we FINALLY met last night. There was a cruise at Slick's Garage in Palmetto, FL, right off the end of the Bayside Bridge from St. Pete to Sarasota and south. Another great BSer - and an AMAZING '57 Ford longroof. He said he has 8 or 10 years in building it and it shows. There are just tons of beautiful details everywhere you look.Makes my junk look like - well - junk.

I encourage all of y'all to meet other BSers whenever you can. I've met quite a few and it's always effort well spent.

Dan

Re: Got to Meet Another BSer

I
    Originally posted by DanStokes
    I encourage all of y'all to meet other BSers whenever you can. I've met quite a few and it's always effort well spent.

Dan

I try to, but you guys all live so far apart and spread out over an entire continent, while I live just in one place in a tiny country.
    So I think it would be best if you all come over to visit me then... ;D

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I'd love to! THAT would be a trip!

Dan

Comment

Allen is .... umm well... Lets see... Yeah I have met Allen....
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo
          Allen is .... umm well... Lets see... Yeah I have met Allen....
          LMAO Neal.
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I have to second the motion of meeting BS-ers.

Pumpkin called me out of the house initially to meet for lunch, and lemme tell ya, I'me sure glad he did. I was like a bat flushed out of the cave in the daytime ----ARRRRRGH!!!!!!!!! DAYLIGHT!!!!!

It all comes from my reaction to being forced to travel for a living for about 8 years, 100% travel. Planes motels rental cars traffic, stress being away from my sweet wife, etc. Now settled, I can sit at home and enjoy the walls and Sue Unit and the furkids, well, that's no way to meet new folks, never will meet new folks that way.

Take today for example. It's raining. We got rained out of a new fence. Was gonna be Fence Day, but the big fence company out of Knoxville blew us off because of the weather. So I took it upon myself to try to enjoy all of the boy toys I have (remember, I'm 53 years old) in a single day. I shot pool, raced Need For Speed on the X-Box on the TV, played guitar a little bit, BangShifted, updated my website, and fatally crashed and finally really destroyed my indoor flying helicopter, and mashed a bunch of beer cans with our new can masher (wow, that thing's badass, spits 'em out one per second after you get it loaded up). I did it all.

But I didn't meet any new BangShifters. That would have been a better thing to do, meeting new BS'ers. BangShifters are great folks, if we can all say so ourselves..

peedub
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Dan - it was good to meet you as well.
              Thanks for the complements on the wagon.
              Maybe next time there will be something happening at Quaker Steak and Lube and we can meet there.

Comment

Working...
              X