Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Fleetwood Broughms attack!!.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Fleetwood Broughms attack!!.................

Collected my Gold Buick Le-Saber from Vince after spending nearly 2 weeks and nearly $900 Bucks with Him. Now it was my '69 Caddy Fleetwood's turn. I bought nearly $1000 worth of stuff to Him,everything from a complete Exhaust System with both Muffler & the Resonator,new rear Coil Springs & Shocks,along with new front Shocks,new Pads and Shoes,a Trans Gasket/Filter/Screen kit along with a new Rubber Trans Mount,new Radiator,Hoses & Heater Hoses,a new by-pass Valve for the A/C,a pair of V/C Gaskets,new Belts,'an Oil Filter and a new set of Power-Steering Hoses. Anyway,with nearly all of the above Parts installed,He & His Nephew began to remove the old Exhaust,somehow,BOTH of them managed to get knocked out cold when the whole system suddenly came loose,Vince's Nephew wound up in the Hospital :D for the afternoon,while Vince once again got attacked when the Transmission Pan fell on His Face,spilling Oil all down His front :o :. Odd,this sort of stuff never happens to Guy'z like Vince:-a Man with 44 years at a Chevy Dealership,with thousands of repairs under His Belt.....must've been a bad day or somethin'. Needless to say,He soon began to hate the Caddilac,and it's 5300-Pound weight on His new Lift..........one of the Outriggers was bent when He was done.... :o! "Why can't you work on your own Cars?",He asked. Actually,I DO work on my own stuff,it's just that these two needed a bunch of stuff,and since they were easily accessable(not stored away...)I figured I might as well get them fixed rather then let them get worse mechanically. Still,I have a BUNCH of other stuff that's been dead for years if He wants a challenge!! ~J/W.

Re: When Fleetwood Broughms attack!!.................

Wow, I'd hate the car too if if did that to me! :o Seems like the car didn't want him working on it. ???

Comment

Christine has a sister from a GM mother!

Comment

It's a pretty BIG Car,the 'Fleetwood' series of Caddy's is just a step below the "Series-75".....which is the Factory Limousiens. Still,it has all the comforts of Home inside,there's a Car Phone(no Dial Tone :P :'(..),rear A/ and TRUNK A/C,a fold-down Food Tray(with Pilsner Glasses...),'Jump Seats' and 'an 8-Track Stereo & Player. Even after I got the Car back,I still had to change out some Bulbs here and there due to the long storage. ~J/W.

Comment

;D.The fleetwood used the exhaust system as a bomb..single or duals?

Comment

Sounds like an episode of the KeyStone Cops to me :D
            That'll teach him not to put real cars on his wimpy new Oriental car-lift.

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Hell that ride could pay it's way

rent it out for parties

:D
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

PICS plz :
                "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Originally posted by nosnerd

PICS plz :
                  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Why do you bother?
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Tell 'em,Bob ;D ;)! Arlid,I bought a Walker Single 'Factory Replacement' system for it. But even with the origional Resonator & Muffler riddled with holes(the rear Resonator was completly 'shot'....)the Car was pretty quiet,NOW I can't hear a thing:-just the Valvetrain. These things were very smooth running Car in their time,even more amazing is the fact the ORIGIONAL Plug Wires are still on the Engine("Packard Supression 3-Q-68" it says on them..)! But then again,about 80% of my Car were/are still like that:-low mileage,Virgin Cars. ~J/W.

Comment

I'm just here for support! ;D
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

THAT'S my Boy!! *Pats Bob on Head*.... ;D ;). ~J/W.

Comment

Working...
                        X