Wind tunnel work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wind tunnel work

I've seen plenty of engineers that are really dumb smart people and don't understand how things work, and at the same time people who can barely add but understand the implementations of the physics of machines at a really detailed level. Interesting how it works. Some of the best technical people I've met have such diverse backgrounds - EMT training, philosophy, no training whatsoever, you name it. I think the smartest person I've ever met was a roommate of mine in college. He had a crew cut, wore a flannel shirt, work boots, and he drove a nice '66 Mustang. He was equally at home destroying curves on control systems tests and pulling engines. Rare to see a combination of book and practical smarts like that. I lost touch with him after he went to MIT on a full grant for grad school.

Comment

ahhh brains... intellect... hmmm

it's really not very important how Smart you are... it's how you use what you have...

Way I've always figured it... I might not be as bright as some folks... but I'll wear your ass out with effort... and 90% of life is nothing but Effort.

Comment

I totally agree. Talent (intellectual or whatever) means pretty much nothing without working hard to maximize what you've got. Was it Edison that said invention is 1% inspriation and 99% perspiration?

Comment

I believe he said that seconds before he electrocuted that elephant on Coney Island way back when.

Totally true, hard work trumps pretty much everything.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

Totally true, hard work trumps pretty much everything.

Brian
            Amen.
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
            X