No announcement yet.

70 Mustang-what's R mean in the VIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 70 Mustang-what's R mean in the VIN?

R in a mustangs vin. means rust

Comment

THANKS everyone.
      STUGOTS

Comment

Dude, don't leave us hanging...are ya gonna buy it?
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

2nd digit on the VIN is usually the assy plant??? R is usually San Jose

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Dude, don't leave us hanging...are ya gonna buy it?
            It's been sitting in my buddy's yard for over 30 yrs. He died recently and I'm trying to help out. It's been a race car almost from day 1 (the windshield wiper panel was NEVER drilled/cut for wiper shafts)
            STUGOTS

Comment

That's odd and cool!
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Groucho, that un-drilled wiper panel could be an indication of the car being one of the factory race cars prepped n a separate line. That also means the value could be 10X of a regular R-code. Proceed carefully with the inspection of the data tags and you might pull the driver front fender and see what's under it.

There are people, not me, who this kind of thing cold. PM me if you decide you need names.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill
                  Groucho, that un-drilled wiper panel could be an indication of the car being one of the factory race cars prepped n a separate line. That also means the value could be 10X of a regular R-code. Proceed carefully with the inspection of the data tags and you might pull the driver front fender and see what's under it.

There are people, not me, who this kind of thing cold. PM me if you decide you need names.
                  Thanks, I appreciate that. A few of us are clearing out years of hoarded crap out the driveway that's blocking the car. So, it might be a while before I try to sell for the family. There's a cam grinder, cyl head hone and a LOT of motor parts/blocks, mostly junk. Oh, and another Mustang. 65-66 coupe with 4 speed and front discs. Also been sitting for almost 30 yrs
                  STUGOTS

Comment

Groucho,

If you guys need some hands, I'm sure some of us BangShifters here would be happy to help. No ulterior motives, just offering help for a fellow hot rodder's family.

Let us know.

Chad
                    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
                      Groucho,

If you guys need some hands, I'm sure some of us BangShifters here would be happy to help. No ulterior motives, just offering help for a fellow hot rodder's family.

Let us know.

Chad
                      Thanks Chad. Bob (Mustang Bob) was my friend, mentor, and machinist for over 30 years. Just to give some background, he was shop foreman at Ray's Engine in Burbank when I met him in the 70's. Ray being another friend, Ray Akerly(sp), now of Akerly and Childs
                      STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                      X