Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging Arlid the Crane Guy

Hey Arlid,

There's a pretty good sized mobile crane working down the street from me. Jack and I walked down to check it out yesterday. I zapped some photos. Know anything about this one? It is a Link-Belt machine. I was wondering how old it was, what it might have for a motor and how much you think it could lift? Looks like an oldie to me, but I dunno squat about cranes!

That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Paging Arlid the Crane Guy

Looks like a mid 70's HC 218, maybe an A model. Most likely Cummins power in the house and a green leeker in the chassis.

80+ ton depending on the counter weights it has
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Uhh...american mobile cranes,arent my first interest Brian..and i think Jeremy summed it up real fine ;).There are clearly no big use for american mobile cranes over her,cause then i would have known much more about them.We have Kato-Liebherr and other european brands.

That said..that crane looks all american..i want it ;).

Comment

A local company had a couple of them, and a couple of Bucyrus Erie's also. My Dad towed one of them everywhere it needed to go, the owner said it was cheaper and faster than replacing the bad engine in the chassis ;D

Here is the early 70's American (Army issue) 45 ton crane my Dad had. 4/71 Detroit in the house, 6/71 Detriot with a 5 spd main, 4spd aux., top speed was a blistering 35mph with all the counter weights and boom in place. It was a 6x6 drive to boot, which I didn't really understand, it would sink before it spun off road.

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Cool crane Jeremy ;).Back in the sixties and seventies,there must have been only american brands of mobile cranes here..cause i have seen such machines here and there..i have to take pics of them..small firms have bought them over the years,when the big firms have sold them..when the repairs are becoming huge,they are usually towed behind the shop..

Comment

Two big cranes in Sweden, this is february 2008 when a 500 ton power transformer railroad car derailed.

http://www.youtube.com/Jobergg

Comment

Originally posted by Jobergg
              Two big cranes in Sweden, this is february 2008 when a 500 ton power transformer railroad car derailed.

Oh yeah, big ol Demag will get it done

Comment

They'd make one helluava
                engine hoist

:D
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Annd this is why BangShift kicks ass.
                  Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Heres a biggun for ya, you east coast guys may have seen it,I believe it was in Boston. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg4dQb574l0

Comment

The Demag 8800 is another bad ass machine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDDtI...eature=related

Comment

The new manitowoc 31000 due out in june,This beast can pick 2535 ton, http://www.forconstructionpros.com/p...Test/5FCP17056

Comment

And the Railcar that overturned in Jobergg's Photo is known as a "Schnable Car" ;D.......do a 'Google'. Being a Tomboy/Railroad Buff,I already knew THAT ;D! ~J/W.

Comment

Working...
                          X