New May Car-Craft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New May Car-Craft.

Took a quick peek at the local Food Mart at the new CC for May '11. There's a 400 SBC 'Engine Special',a buyer's guide to buying Ex-Police Cars,there's a 'New Paint Under $300' feature,and a very cool 1930's Garage overhaul feature which I personally got a real kick out of. Not bad. And NO,I did NOT buy it ;),I've give up on the Magz for the most part. ~J/W.

Re: New May Car-Craft.

getting all of their garage scenes from the GJ guys

Comment

Did it have those magical things called pictures :D.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

i got mine in the mail a couple days ago, flipped thru it real quick, havent been able to spend any quality time with it yet in the bathroom
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
          getting all of their garage scenes from the GJ guys
          Last three in a row! I recognize all the recent "This guy's garage"
          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

What I found most interesting was the Isis electronic controllers.Think this is BMW technology that Probably came out about 15 years ago that's finally getting to the streets. Also love the Malibu wagon.also the astro van hydro-boost looks interesting since I've kept 2 of these from vans I've scrapped. Just incase I ever have a big can that kills the vacuum signal.

Comment

Loved ROYS 65 Comet write up... Very bitchin car.

Comment

zombie289;Thank You,that 65 Comet is mine.I was shocked to have Car Craft do a feature on something besides a LS powered red 69 Camaro!!They approached me about 4 or 5 years ago about doing a feature,then last year at the drags they talked to me again then about a month later I got the call.They were going to use some track pictures,but for what ever reason no dice! ROY.

Comment

Happy to hear the Duster is staying all mopar. Just hope they dont stick it with a cowl induction hood now.

And why would you use a gm tranny on a mopar? YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

The second rack girl.............!

Comment

Just bought it at the grocery store. First time I've seen it there.

BTW, there is an uncredited pic that I took in that issue. Cool. Thanks McG!!
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Pretty much a hack job on the 400. Now need to put it in something and beat on it. Waste of good
                      raw material though.

Comment

like the panther coverage but they where making it sound like the police cars where the only ones with the trick suspention set ups. after 2003 all panthers got aluminum contrl arms, rack and pinon, and coil over style suspention. the civvies even had the plastic sway bar bushing guards.

still pretty sweet though

Comment

My issue came in the mail yesterday...gave it a cursory go-through in the "throne room".

Solid from cover-to-cover....got a good laugh out of this month's "Krass&Bernie"("bog stench"...LMFAO).

That restored shop is just INSANE....sorta reminds me of the shop I worked in for a wrecker company a long time ago. My 2 bays were those of the original filling station garage...minus the lifts(holes filled in).

Which pic was yours, Reb?

Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                            Just bought it at the grocery store. First time I've seen it there.

BTW, there is an uncredited pic that I took in that issue. Cool. Thanks McG!!
                            least your cool enough to get a pic into a mag like that

and Roy CONGRATS on the feature
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Got mine today. Haven't gone through it yet completely. Congrats Roy on getting your car in!
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X