The Fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fence

There's been a couple man vs. woman threads here recently, and it's always a hot topic.

But I have to say, one thing about the womenfolk, they "see" stuff before we guys do. And they see stuff that's right in front of us, and we don't see whatever it is because it doesn't matter to us guys. Whatever. Like what color of a dress Sally chose to wear to the fancy event, or whatever. Silly stuff. Stuff we guys couldn't in a million years care about, and never will.

But lemme tell ya, guys, we have a real problem with that, when it's taken all the way down the road. A lot of us, at least a lot of us, don't "see" ANYTHING. And I'm fessing up right here, this is an example. This is the beforemath of something I just never "saw" until way too late. I'll finish populating it tomorrow and the next day as the story progresses:

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: The Fence

The fence guys showed up from Knoxville at 9:30 this morning and they have not stopped. They don't stop to eat, they don't stop. I've never neen anything like it. Young bucks doing kill-you hard labor and they don't stop. They never even take a break, and it's been all day like that.

While they had the old fence torn down, before they started to build the new one, I charged into the the jungle behind the fence with a chainsaw and hedge cutters and a hand saw. I cut down two trees and a bunch of brush and dragged it all out to the street. Gotta tellya, I don't do physical labor. Is anybody here old enough to remember Bob Denver playing Maynard G. Crebbs on the old black and white TV show Dobie Gillis? That was before Bob ever played Gilligan. Maynard would yell, "WERK?!?!?!?!?"

Well, that's me. Yeah I werked today and I probably won't be able to raise my arms tomorrow on account of it. The guys are still here working, and for the most part the fence is in, enough to show on the above link.

Oh, and they cut through the phone/internet line digging new holes, because Tennessee One didn't mark all the wire locations. So now we have a brand new wire for the internet and phone, and maybe we'll have decent speed and dependable service for a change. The wire from the phone pole was the problem, and when the Mexicalis cut it, somebody finally had to come and deal with it (the wire).

Good deal, all the way around. I'm tired. Major major major upgrade day at Weeville. And did I say that I'm tired?

Comment

Put up some pics when they're done. That's assuming you can lift the camera... :D
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
        Put up some pics when they're done. That's assuming you can lift the camera... :D
        They're on the Weeville web page Tedly. The link above. It's all I could do to move the mouse, but I got it done. Man will I ever sleep good tonight, like it or not....

Comment

Beautiful new fence!
          and WOW that Miss Sue cuts your hair! I am not even allowed to trim my own bangs...there was an incedent, oh nevermind... :-X
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE
            Beautiful new fence!
            and WOW that Miss Sue cuts your hair! I am not even allowed to trim my own bangs...there was an incedent, oh nevermind... :-X
            You should keep the bangs, that upward look on your avatar, the bangs really do it. Eyes and all. Yep, that's an effect.

Damn I'm tired. Did I say that already? I worked hard for maybe an hour, huffing and puffing, getting ehausted and sitting down to rest and going at it again...and those young bucks did it harder than that for about 9 hours. Never stopped. They didn't even eat. What a demonstration of work ethic, and stamina as well. Gee whiz, it was amazing.

I'm killed, and they're just going home from another day at work. Amazing. Singing and laughing the whole time.

Comment

Not a fan of fences. Sometimes they're needed. We had a horse and two dogs on our two acre spread.Horse is gone. The great dane dog moved out with our daughter. We're down to one dog.Little forty pound mutt.I've been pulling up fence posts with my High Lift Jack, (made in Bloomfield, In) left over from my 4x4 days.This should make less auto crossing and more of just a straight shotfor the 240 from from to back. On top of that it should greatly reduce my weed whacking. Some neighbors NEED fencing out cause they don't know boundaries.

Comment

Well, the coolest thing is, and the reason behind it, is we can prop the doors open on the porch and let Spankie go out and he can come back anytime he's done with his business in the yard.

Spankie can't see. He bangs the house door open and steps into the room and stands there with the goofiest expression on his face. Like, "Well, here I AM." He can't see past the end of his nose, but he's sure arrived. He stands there - "Here I AM."

We've nicknamed him George because of the way he does that. "Here I AM."

We rented an apartment for a few years here in Cleveland and it was a bummer having to put Spankie on a leash and take him walking around the neoghborhood on a leash, and picking up the poop so as to not PO the neighbors we never even met.

A fence is a cool deal with a dog. That's the best thing, the best part about it.

Comment

'S/U' cuts P/W's Hair! That's ADORABLE :o ;D ;D! Oh,yeah,nice Fence too........... ;D. ~J/W.

Comment

Damn I'm tired. If die in my sleep tonight, I leave all of my.....well, I'll just leave.

Comment

I renumbered as a kid....everyone's dogs predominantly stayed around their own house during the day. But at night,at night they would to on harmless adventures that never bothered anyone.Then sleep most of the next day.Probably why they stayed around their own house during the day.Now days if my mutt went to visit someone the county officials would be here. Yes nowadays if you have a dog,a fence is a good thing. Specially if he's blind.But peewee that yard looks every bit 3/4's of an acre. A blind dog could get lost out there! You have a tone beeper at the back door?

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                        'S/U' cuts P/W's Hair! That's ADORABLE :o ;D ;D! Oh,yeah,nice Fence too........... ;D. ~J/W.
                        Yeah, it's great fence. And S/U by herself is adorable, and yes she does cut my hair. And in an hour or so she does a better job of it than the folks at the haircut store. And I don't even get chewed out for showing up.

The last time I went to the haircut store the lady said, "SO, how long have you worn your hair this way, maybe 30 years?"

Well, yeah. I'm not sure what she was implying actually, other than maybe she wanted to spike it and dye it purple.

Yes, Sue Unit cuts my hair. And I don't have to absorb a rash of crap from total strangers about it in the process... Sure, I don't have a very great head, but don't make fun of it when I'm paying you to fix it, ya know?...

Comment

My Mother ALWAY'S 'fixed' our Hair,when we all go to Sweden this August,the FIRST thing our Mother will say is...'Come here,let me fix your Hair'..... :. Oh,and is this 'an ELECTRICFIED Fence,Pee-diddy :o ;D? ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                            My Mother ALWAY'S 'fixed' our Hair,when we all go to Sweden this August,the FIRST thing our Mother will say is...'Come here,let me fix your Hair'..... :. Oh,and is this 'an ELECTRICFIED Fence,Pee-diddy :o ;D? ~J/W.
                            No it ain't plugged in, it just sits there.

Now my right foot is going into cramps and pain and I can't walk on it. OW OW OW OW OW, every step. Tomorrow should be interesting. I have to go back to work. Not work-work like today, but I have to at least walk from the parking lot to where I sit down and look out. And right now, I'm not real sure of that. I mean OW!!!!!!!!

Dang. At 7:43 local time, I'm ready to lay this hundred and forty pounds of meat down for the night and be done with it. Day-um I'm huritin' in places I never knew I had. Shit, this is gonna be bad in the morning if it gets any worse, and it's getting worse as we go. Right foot! Right foot! OW OW OW OW OWOWOWOWOWO!!!!!! Can't even walk!!!

Good nite folks, I love you all! Bangshift ahead!

peedubbersaurus

Comment

Yeah....I usually get a load thrown my way.Since I normally get my hair cut where ever.Great Clips (couple different ones) a barber, my sister (she had her own place in part of her house ) and a few other chain clip joints. Anytime I finally decide blow in and sit down, I get man when wad the last time you got your hair cut? Or who in the world cut your hair last time?Its lopsided! CANNOT WAIT to tell them THEY did it. If I ever go to the same one twice!

Comment

Working...
                              X