The Fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Fence

Come on pw you're in the South, it should have been Defence not The Fence :P. I shy away from haircuts as long as possible.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
      Come on pw you're in the South, it should have been Defence not The Fence :P. I shy away from haircuts as long as possible.
      Sue Unit called all over and researched fence companies on the net. Called and left messages, played phone tag with so-called fence companies in the area. One guy two days later called back and left the most classic message on our answering machine, we kept it on there. "Yeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr, gimme a call and I'll come by and give ya a price owner fence...."

"Owner." I've heard lots of Tennessee dialect, including "You-uns," but that's the first time I've heard "Owner." That voice message is so classic, I just KNEW I had to post it here for laughs, but my bigger inner sense said, "peewee, don't do that." The dude says his name and company name, no, I'm not doing that, as hilarious as it is.

But when the phone company guy came to fix the wire that the Mexicalis cut through, I think I sold another fence for the guys out there doing the job. And during our discussion, I was so proud of Sue Unit finding the right company by shopping so hard, and so proud of the funny phone message that I played it for the phone guy. The telephone repairman guy was a local, as was the guy who left the message. The telephone repairman phone guy said, "That's (yelled the guy's name)! That's HIM alright, lemme tell ya about the time he..."

THAT'S why I'm glad I didn't share his voice message with the world. I KNEW the world over here at least is just too small to do that in good conscience.

But anyway, the fence is still a great improvement the next day, except for the dirt left over where they drilled the post holes. They made it clear going in, they'd leave the dirt for us to take care of. In reality, that's a really big deal. More dirt than we ever thought. And it's stuck to the ground from us and them walking on it. That's going to be another big job.

But the upside of it is, the squirrels hate the new fence - it's too narrow for them to run on. With the old fence, they were running on the broad side of a 2x4 along the top of it. Saw one today trying to walk on it, now it's too narrow and stabby on top. We watched one this afternoon tiptoe around on it and nearly fall off before he gave up and went somewhere else.

So now they can't run three wide down the straightaway and wreck into my weather station anymore and pee on it and mess it up that way. Besides, I've got a final fix for squirrel pee on the weather station after all:

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

[quote) As said before. ...not a fan of fences but,that is a fine looking fence!

Comment

Originally posted by hoosiergta
          [quote) As said before. ...not a fan of fences but,that is a fine looking fence!
          Thanks Hoosier! We love it, and I'll be PHYSICALLY healed up in a day or two more from it all, the tree and brush hauling and such. As of this evening, I'm getting around real well for a 90-year-old, down a few years from this morning.

Fences? I'm ....... not a fan or a foe really. But this one looks so much better, yeah we (Sue Unit) did good picking it out. I'm sure our neighbors are proud of it. Ours was the blight of the whole neighborhood. What an improvement.

And Spankie the Dog likes his new bathroom walls.

pw
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
          X