Big-Ass Garage Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big-Ass Garage Sale

One of the times Pumpkin came to visit at Weeville he got on the computer and actually nearly made me a country music fan, showing me the song-video about "I'm good at drinking beer." What a great song. Pumpkin, I was in a local restaurant the other day with a bunch of stiff shirts from work, and sure enough, barely in the background, there was that song playing overhead. Yeah, I know that song. Pumpkin played it for me. I was sitting there grinning and nobody in the group knew why I was grinning. They weren't listening to anything except for themselves talking about work. Yeah, good at drinking beer.

I like that one, and I love this one. I think I've posted it here before, but I found it again tonight, I can't get away from it. Seems Fred Eaglesmith has such varied abilities and interests, he did the world's "worst" country song on purpose. He's a fabulous writer and musician, lots of different stuff, so I have to think he and his buddies in the band simply sat down one night over lots of drinks and beers and decided, "Let's do the world's best-worst country song." And they did.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: Big-Ass Garage Sale

Jesus Christ,THAT'S AWFUL :o ;D! ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
      Jesus Christ,THAT'S AWFUL :o ;D! ~J/W.
      Sure it is. It was meant to be. Eaglesmith did that on PURPOSE, because he could.

If you listen to some of his other stuff, no, he did that on purpose, as a joke perhaps. A bad joke, maybe.

But I laugh my ass off every time I listen to it, over and over. Like Charlie Sheen. He's acting like he's acting like somebody else, and making fun of himself and other folks at the same time.

No wait, Sheen was a bad comparison. I don't think Sheen's faking a thing....that's really HIM.

Fred's having fun with that song. That's what he's doing. He's fifty thousand times better than that. He did that song because he COULD. I've always wanted to do something like that, a complete satire. I even tried it one time. No, I can't even do anything that bad, by accident perhaps, but not on purpose.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

That's horrid! I kinda like it! ;D
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

EagleSmith has some great stuff.

Look up "mighty big car" "lucille" "105" and "pontiac"
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...