Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you commute by bicyclist and be a car junkie at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you commute by bicyclist and be a car junkie at the same time?

More bike riding leaves more gas for the hotrods. And at $3.79 a gallon, the bike leaves more money for gas for the hotrods.

Being a bicyclist is definitely being a car junkie.
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I need to Air the Tires up on Both the Bikes in the Front Porch.

Comment

Hey Indy ---------------I was looking back thru this thread and least you think I nuts,I want you to know that for some reason even though you typed wannamaker In my head it clicked in as acton . LOL Wanamaker no turns till sout eastern .Interested in a ride this weeked weather permiting ?

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
          Hey Indy ---------------I was looking back thru this thread and least you think I nuts,I want you to know that for some reason even though you typed wannamaker In my head it clicked in as acton . LOL Wanamaker no turns till sout eastern .Interested in a ride this weeked weather permiting ?
          I'd love to, but I'll have to see what my schedule has in store for me... I'm still trying to get my big block put back together and the weekends have been the only time I can spend on it. Can i let you know later in the week?
          Acton is where I went to grade school.

Comment

Bunker hill Bulldog here. I suppose they still call them that,It may seem to violent or something . Sure I fly by the seat of my pants most the time . Looks like the weather isn't going to be that good anyway .Was planning on a canoe ride thur or fri (plant is going shut down for those days for inventory. looks like that is going to be a washout too .

Comment

Man, can't believe I missed the biking thread. I consider myself a pretty hard core Mountain Biker. I ride about once a week(year round and I hate cold weather > ), and hit several races a year in the sport category. I love mountain biking, but I definately do not fit in with the typical bike crowd. I arrive at the trail head with a roof rack on whatever beater hot rod I am driving at the time and everyone else is driving Hondas, Toyotas, and hybrid crap. The last race series I ran this winter did have a new Shelby GT 500 sitting in the parking lot with a bike rack on the back. 8) I tried the roadie thing, but I just don't get the adreneline rush that I crave while on the trails. Plus I've witnessed two different people get hit and killed on road bikes.

Here's my current ride, at least it is flammed and is named Fuel! You can modify the crap out of them, just like anything else, but I've found that if you buy a quality bike there isn't much you need to do to it.

Comment

Two weekends ago I bought a Mongoose 21-speed mountain bike at Walmart, figuring on not spending much money until I see how much I actually ride it. Been trying to ride the hills out my back yard, but the ground is very soft, like riding in beach sand , climbing hills here so far has been challenging, lots of tire spin and no going. I have been riding it to the gym and back about a mile each way for a nice change, but living at the top of the hill and after working out makes going home fun :P
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I would love to have one of those bad boys! Gas is at 3.85 here on the east side of Indy . I live 30 miles from work so its 2.5 hr ride THERE work 8hrs then 2.5 hr back .Total comute time 5hrs for 8hrs of work.I did it once. If I had one of those I could out run the coyotes on the flat boreing groung and then pedal on the more interesting stuff around the river near work !

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
                    That's why you need one of these:

seems like a my kind of carjunkie bicycle.
                    Honda GX50, 49.3 cc (2.50 hp.) four-stroke, for bicycles.
                    Typical CarJunkie bike !!
                    ;D

Comment

Man, my 49cc scooter only makes 1.9hp! (or so says the title)

A bicycle with 2.5hp would fly!

...from their website:

Size of Wheel 26”

Sprocket on gear box / Speed mph.

8 / 14
                      9 / 16
                      10 / 18
                      11 / 19
                      12 / 21 +
                      13 / 23 +
                      14 / 25 +
                      15 / 27 +
                      16 / 28 +
                      17 / 30 +
                      18 / 32 +
                      19 / 34 +
                      20 / 36 +
                      21 / 37 +
                      22 / 39 +

Comment

I don't have anything as fancy as most of you, but being the nostalgic sort of guy, I have a piece of vintage iron.
                        Late '60's Western Auto Galaxy Flyer ...

The ole "Flyer" is stripped down of course. I put on a higher tooth front gear, whitewall balloon tires with new tubes (beach cruising during Spring Break is a must see!), a new o-ring chain and rear sprocket, I repacked the crank and re-trued the wheels.

Thanks to Aunt Hazel who gave me the bike for free.

;D

Comment

Originally posted by IndyShiftman
                          Last spring I bought a Jamis 1.0 bike. I started getting on this fitness kick because I weighed in at 287lbs. Lost 70, then gained about 10 over the winter. But the bicycle riding has become very enjoyable for me.
                          I think you talked me into getting out my bike. Wonder if the tires still hold air. Need to shed a couple (OK a few) pounds myself and hate running.

Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Monster , cool cruzer , I would like one like that but , with mountain bike gears. I've gotten a little spoiled.
                            This fri. is ride your bike to work day at least around Indy, So I plan on doing the 60mile round trip.

Indyshiftman - Be at work monday I'll probably swing by around 3:15 - 3:25 for a meet and greet for about 5min or so ( don't want you to be a bad example to your workers ) If thats O.K . Seen the Name in the trans problem thread .

Comment

Anybody riding their bikes to work Friday? It's Ride Your Bike To Work Day this Friday, at least in Indy

(Just thought I'd kick this thread to the top of the list again...)

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
                                Monster , cool cruzer , I would like one like that but , with mountain bike gears. I've gotten a little spoiled.
                                This fri. is ride your bike to work day at least around Indy, So I plan on doing the 60mile round trip.

Indyshiftman - Be at work monday I'll probably swing by around 3:15 - 3:25 for a meet and greet for about 5min or so ( don't want you to be a bad example to your workers ) If thats O.K . Seen the Name in the trans problem thread .
                                I didn't see this post till now. I guess you didn't make it.
                                Did you happen to see me on the channel 6 news last Friday? Actually I was on 6 in the early evening and then on Fox59 at 10. My service manager was on channel 8 at 11. This was about the catalytic converter thefts we had recently

Comment

Working...
                                X