DANICA PATRICK JR2 Best Finish !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DANICA PATRICK JR2 Best Finish !!

YEAH JR2 ---Anyone who says Danica Patrick had her best NASCAR finish Saturday because of fuel mileage is dead wrong. Patrick made history with her fourth-place finish, the best ever for a woman in a national NASCAR event. That record stood for 62 years. Sara Christian finished fifth at Pittsburgh in 1949 during NASCAR's inaugural season. Patrick is the first woman to lead a lap at Indianapolis and Daytona, the first woman to win a major open-wheel event and the first woman to finish in the top four in a NASCAR touring-series race

.The race will most likely be remembered, though, for Danica Patrick's history-making run and not the last-lap dramatics.

Patrick placed fourth, the best finish for a woman in a national NASCAR race since Sara Christian was fifth at Pittsburgh in 1949.

''Awesome!'' Martin said when told of Patrick's finish. ''I am really happy for her. That's fantastic.''

It was a turnaround for Patrick, who struggled all weekend at Las Vegas and fell a lap down in Saturday's race. But she put herself in position to get back on the lead lap, then steadily worked her way into the top 10.

Fuel strategy did the rest, as many of the cars in front of her had to make late stops for gas and Patrick slid all the way up to fourth.

''We just had a good car, that's all I can say. That's what makes a difference in these things,'' said Patrick. ''I know I haven't had the best results, especially in NASCAR, but we're getting them now.''

Patrick, who has only 16 races in her NASCAR career, improved on her previous career-best finish of 14th, earned at Daytona last month.

''I don't know. I don't think about trying to achieve the highest finish of a female,'' she said. ''I think about trying to win the race.''

Re: DANICA PATRICK JR2 Best Finish !!

Comment

And she is HOT!!!!
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

And very nice to talk to..

Comment

JR2 if you look under the covers it is hendricks. I know it is not a surprise....
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

good for her.

i would not mind more wemon in nascar personaly lol

Comment

NHRA had a female world champion in 1977 - SHIRLEY is the best

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                NHRA had a female world champion in 1977 - SHIRLEY is the best
                Good for Danica, but a long way to go yet to get in Shirley M's league. That movie about her truly was made too soon. A courageous tough-as-nails racer. Great to see that she and Garlits made up.
                Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Yeah, I wish her all the best. Hope she wins this year. Shirley and the Old Man were the sh!t back in the day.
                  And Ashley (soon Courtney?) keeps my old lady interested, a bit more understanding when I'm spending on
                  my junk.

Comment

You can see she is still skittish about the close quarters racing in Nascar. I think she'll improve if she can get over that.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X