"Gas "PAINS".........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Gas "PAINS".........

Diesel more than gas is our infastructure problem - we're not set up to make as much diesel as we are gasoline - so diesel has gotten higher thanks to more demand from all the cummins, powerstroke, and duramax owners, the TDI's use so little they probably don't make a difference! ;D
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
      Diesel more than gas is our infastructure problem - we're not set up to make as much diesel as we are gasoline - so diesel has gotten higher thanks to more demand from all the cummins, powerstroke, and duramax owners, the TDI's use so little they probably don't make a difference! ;D
      OK, so I am actually the reason that Diesel prices went up, I always suspected that but never knew for sure, what if I quit driving it all together will that do anything or is it too late? LOL!

Comment

I drive mine only when I need it - and it's not had any impact on the price of diesel. Damnit! ;D
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I do the same thing, I think it has $3.15 Diesel in the tank or maybe less. I'll use it to tow with when our weather gets nice again and things start happening but I drive my 28 mpg tracker on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix
            Originally posted by milner351
            OK, so I am actually the reason that Diesel prices went up, I always suspected that but never knew for sure, what if I quit driving it all together will that do anything or is it too late? LOL!
            Actually, we export a lot of diesel to europe where the consumer demand is really high. When diesel half tons and cars become mainstream here, gas will pass diesel again (IF we add capacity). Here's hoping.
            Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

they have some nice diesel powered cars over there like the twin turbo diesel jag clarkson used on the MPG race (and for some mericla came in second when trying to run out)

Comment

Bittersweet story....

I filled my gas tank today. I paid $3.19/gallon. If I would have paid that price 6 months ago, I would have been pissed off. Today I was happy.

Ron
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Yesterday in Alabama, $3.41 for regular in my truck

Today in GA, $3.70 for premium in the T - type.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                    Bittersweet story....

I filled my gas tank today. I paid $3.19/gallon. If I would have paid that price 6 months ago, I would have been pissed off. Today I was happy.

Ron

Ron, you should be "happy." 3-40's all over the place here. It's a complicated issue. Every spring, the gas comanies say they have to be switching from the winter formula to the summer formula, so the price has to go up. Is that just smoke?

Add to that some misbehaving one , I said ONE guy in the Middle East who is bent on his own interests, and I for one can't figure it out.

I honestly don't know. We poor pathetic sheep sit way down here on the food chain and moan about it and pay it and go on and by some sense of survival make it through the streak again.

The most amazing thing to me is the internet email campaigns that go on about, "Okay everybody, let's just don't buy any gas on (such and such a date) and that'll show 'em!" And it comes with the math, and all the rationale and stuff. Everybody's seen that one.

It's amazing. Who WRITES that stuff, and then everybody forwards it?? Amazing. Just amazing.

Yeah, that'll do it. So I've got to drive from the east coast to the west coast today, but I'm not supposed to buy any gas?

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

There's only 1 word people should know when it comes to Gas & prices:--GREED. ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by whitepunkonnitro3
                        I may be a newbie here, but I've been playing the gold market for ten full years now. Jumped in at the absolute bottom, and I've been dead nuts accurate for this entire bull run. I can tell you without any question or pause that gold has not even begun it's rise yet, and the real fireworks are in the very immediate future...no more that a few months out.
                        Doubt what I say? Pull up a long term gold chart. Look at the pattern between 1975 and 1980, where gold went completely parabolic. Then, look at the pattern established over the last ten years, right up to the point we are at right now. The buildup is exactly the same, but the scale is MUCH larger.
                        Go ahead and blame pit traders or evil gnomes or strippers if you want, but the reality is this entire scene is based around the collapse of the US Dollar.
                        Tell us Newbie what "gold investment newsletter" do you subscribe to anyway?
                        And you think the dollar will totally colapse where we trade in a foreign currency?
                        Do you think the USA will fall off the face of the earth?
                        Remember when the soviet union collapsed? It didn't disappear and it is still a super power.
                        The dollar might end up not worth much but freedom will never ceased to exist as a way of life

Comment

Originally posted by ch1ll
                          Originally posted by whitepunkonnitro3
                          I may be a newbie here, but I've been playing the gold market for ten full years now. Jumped in at the absolute bottom, and I've been dead nuts accurate for this entire bull run. I can tell you without any question or pause that gold has not even begun it's rise yet, and the real fireworks are in the very immediate future...no more that a few months out.
                          Doubt what I say? Pull up a long term gold chart. Look at the pattern between 1975 and 1980, where gold went completely parabolic. Then, look at the pattern established over the last ten years, right up to the point we are at right now. The buildup is exactly the same, but the scale is MUCH larger.
                          Go ahead and blame pit traders or evil gnomes or strippers if you want, but the reality is this entire scene is based around the collapse of the US Dollar.
                          Tell us Newbie what "gold investment newsletter" do you subscribe to anyway?
                          And you think the dollar will totally colapse where we trade in a foreign currency?
                          Do you think the USA will fall off the face of the earth?
                          Remember when the soviet union collapsed? It didn't disappear and it is still a super power.
                          The dollar might end up not worth much but freedom will never ceased to exist as a way of life
                          No newsletters here man....I don't follow any herds or disciplines. Just my own research and common sense.
                          As for the dollar collapsing, not only is that well under way right now, but several states, my own (Tennessee) included are currently (As in just this week for us) exploring independent currencies should the Fed go bust. Research it.
                          When the Soviet Union collapsed, the member states already had a strong black market, so the transition was not all that traumatic (read accounts from those who lived it). We on the other hand don't really have that social support system, so it's gonna be real rocky for a while.
                          And yeah, the dollar is going to go tits up, that's a given...but exactly how much of this so called freedom do we actually have anymore. This is NOT the same country it was 50 years ago. There is a law and a regulation and a tax and a fee on EVERYTHING, and a HUGE army of enforcers out there attempting to earn their keep. Freedom...we have more people per capita in the prison system than ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD...again, don't take my word, do your own research.

Comment

What foriegn country will accept any other printed american currency for debt?
                            The black market in the soviet union uses what currency?

Comment

Originally posted by ch1ll
                              What foriegn country will accept any other printed american currency for debt?
                              The black market in the soviet union uses what currency?
                              Up until the last few years, the US dollar was the choice for all underground markets...it's shifted now to the Euro (which is also in deep shit) and gold/silver, which has always been commonly traded in those areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X