Comment

Re: Scrappin' Large

Originally posted by ch1ll
      $200 a ton?
      -just under... was I gyped?

Comment

probably not.

you'd have to grade, sort and prep it to get a better price.

I could call and find out cause I haven't sold any since September or so.

Comment

for a minute there i thought the truck was getting scrapped about died lol

Comment

Naw, it was DF's last remaining Duster that got dumped at the dump. haha.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Naw, it was DF's last remaining Duster that got dumped at the dump. haha.
              DO LIKE!
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich
                '63 F600
                390 FE, built 16 years ago
                Four plus two
                5 tons of steel
                This crane got the big stuff
                Nice! The kids love coming to the scrap yard when I have stuff to get rid of.

I was also thinking you sent the truck packing at first. I was ready to shed tears.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Dippy
                  for a minute there i thought the truck was getting scrapped about died lol
                  x 2!

Maybe you want to hang on to some of that scrap next time and replace those wooden bed sides. Just saying'... :P

Comment

dang it, I was waiting for the claws to grab the truck.... thought you were a Mopar guy. You continually disappoint me Dulcich. ;D
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

Nice! The kids love coming to the scrap yard when I have stuff to get rid of.

I was also thinking you sent the truck packing at first. I was ready to shed tears.
                      No, the F600 is safe. Actually just paid an unimaginable amount of money to get it tagged at DMV.
                      Ironically, as I was leaving a guy came in with a lowboy hauling a mint-looking C600 cabover Ford, mid seventies vintage, as scrap ???.

I've done quite a bit to My '63, engine, brakes, wheel bearings, exhaust, electrical, etc. It easily hauls 70mph on the freeway. Needs paint and a new bed and it will be pretty good. People seem scared of it when they see it flying down the road as it is now. :D

The '63 is a very handy truck, I'm going to use is today to haul some 20' sticks of channel iron to make a gantry trolley system for my dyno room. That will be about an eighty mile drive.
                      -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                        dang it, I was waiting for the claws to grab the truck.... thought you were a Mopar guy. You continually disappoint me Dulcich. ;D
                        The Dodge Mediums seem to be pretty hard to find.
                        Seem to mostly have Fords in the medium truck department. Here's a list of the fleet:
                        1. 1963 Ford F600 16' flatbed 390FE 4v 4+2
                        2. 1972 Ford F600 20' rollback tow truck/hauler 361FE 2V 5+2
                        3. 1973 Ford LN600 14' dual ram PTO sissor-lift/dump 361 2V 4+2
                        4. 1973 Ford LN600 cab and chassis parts truck, 391 2V
                        5. 1967 Dodge D300 9-1/2' flatbed, 225 slant 6, NP435

Comment

Nice truck. I had to use a trailer when I cleaned up my yard last summer. 11 loads, averaged about 2 tons per load. problem is I had to haul it 75 miles, with the 87 suburban 3/4 ton, at 10 mpg.

But the yard looks nice now. And I spent half the money getting my 55 looking better.
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                            Nice truck. I had to use a trailer when I cleaned up my yard last summer. 11 loads, averaged about 2 tons per load. problem is I had to haul it 75 miles, with the 87 suburban 3/4 ton, at 10 mpg.

But the yard looks nice now. And I spent half the money getting my 55 looking better.
                            22 tons and 825 miles? Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich
                              Originally posted by Buickguy
                              The Dodge Mediums seem to be pretty hard to find.
                              Seem to mostly have Fords in the medium truck department. Here's a list of the fleet:
                              1. 1963 Ford F600 16' flatbed 390FE 4v 4+2
                              2. 1972 Ford F600 20' rollback tow truck/hauler 361FE 2V 5+2
                              3. 1973 Ford LN600 14' dual ram PTO sissor-lift/dump 361 2V 4+2
                              4. 1973 Ford LN600 cab and chassis parts truck, 391 2V
                              5. 1967 Dodge D300 9-1/2' flatbed, 225 slant 6, NP435
                              That's a list of win.

There's a guy locally here with a Dodge tractor (from a tractor/trailer combo). It is a late 1960s model with the 413 in it. It runs and drives. He's wants a mint for it and I don't have near enough money, but damn that thing is cool.

I agree that the Dodge medium duty trucks are super rare. They all are in some sense. Most medium trucks just got hammered into the ground and left for dead. Very cool to see yours still getting worked.

Goliath is finally registered and insured. The floors are getting installed now. Here's a shot from the gas station last weekend.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X