Clear All

• Specialized tools needed to R n' r a th350

??????????????????????????????

Re: Specialized tools needed to R n' r a th350

Uhhhhhh no.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

well, I have one and need to keep myself busy.

Comment

To R & R Remove and replace no to rebuild there are some tools that make it easy (milking stool - slang name for th etool to compress the clutch pack spring to get the snap ring on n off) but you can do it with a few snap ring pliers and a screw driver hammer and sockets

Comment

transmission jack.

There are ways around it....I made a 1x1' square plate with a pipe nipple sticking out the middle of the bottom that I put on my floor jack (replaces the saddle)

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Remove and REBUILD..
            not replace.. sorry, I figured everyone would know what the RnR was because of asking about special tools

Comment

Originally posted by Tazracing
              Remove and REBUILD..
              not replace.. sorry, I figured everyone would know what the RnR was because of asking about special tools

Sorry figured if you have to ask about what Special tools you need if you do not know maybe you should not touch it lol ;D

Comment

Bushing drivers and clutch spring compressors are the main ones. When I was young I took the parts to a trans shop and had them r&r the bushings and lip seals. Since then I've bought a K-D spring compressor that works on all of the ones in a 350, and also a bushing driver set (kinda expensive) that works on all the older transmissions (3 speed autos).

btw when I worked at the transmission shop lo these many years ago, R&R was remove and replace. The guys in the back shop did that. The rebuilding was done in the front shop.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by jays67
                  Originally posted by Tazracing
                  Remove and REBUILD..

Sorry figured if you have to ask about what Special tools you need if you do not know maybe you should not touch it lol ;D
                  only one way to learn

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                    Bushing drivers and clutch spring compressors are the main ones. When I was young I took the parts to a trans shop and had them r&r the bushings and lip seals. Since then I've bought a K-D spring compressor that works on all of the ones in a 350, and also a bushing driver set (kinda expensive) that works on all the older transmissions (3 speed autos).

btw when I worked at the transmission shop lo these many years ago, R&R was remove and replace. The guys in the back shop did that. The rebuilding was done in the front shop.
                    Ya all the shops I have delt with and the one I work in and the labor guides R & R = Remove and Replace too

Comment

the Ron Sessions book is a good place to start....check your local library, or a local bookstore (the kind of bookstore with soft chairs is great)
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

I have that book, wife moved it.. and all my car books so she'd have room for her sewing crap..
                        it's here somewhere
                        I can't find it.. I'll have to ask where she put all the books..

Comment

most important thing is in the details, and keeping stuff clean, and be careful with the seals, dont force the pistons
                          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
                          X