• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Intrepid alternator

Originally posted by Thumpin455
    Originally posted by moparmaniac07
    Originally posted by Thumpin455
    Working on GM or Ford compared to working on a Dodge, yes everything on the Dodge is a PITA. Compared to an Omni or a Caravan with a 3.0, the Intrepid is easy, but still a PITA compared to GM.
    Like changing a headlight on a '99 Grand Am? What should take 30 seconds took 30 minutes, talk about a PITA. Though changing the battery on my Stratus wasn't quite so easy, but that's the price to pay for cramming the biggest engine you could into a small engine compartment. ;D
    The headlights and the brackets holding them took me all of ten minutes to replace and adjust on my 98 Gran Prix. The headlights on the 97 Intrepid require you to take off the front fascia so you can get to the lower two bolts, because there are 7 that hold each light. The GP has two. It takes me over an hour to get the headlights swapped on an Intrepid, and we scrapped one of them because it had an electrical problem that I couldnt find after 6 days of chasing wires. My daughter wants the purple one so I still have ot mess with the, even though I really hate them.

Most Dodges you need to remove half the freakin car to get to one little thing, its like a honda engineer had a bad day and wanted to make things as impossible as possible. I really hate working on Honda too, I think I would rather use a judicious amount of C4 to rectify the problem than work on another honda.
    Maybe I should have said headlight bulb, that's what I meant. It wasn't just a pop the hood, half a twist, change the bulb and half twist back on deal. You had to go at from the bottom.
    The only headlight replaced was on my parent's Durango, and that's because I smashed it up a few weeks ago. I didn't think it was that hard, maybe because most of the cars I'm around are 'newer', but my dad was cursing and saying it was stupid the whole time we put it back on.

Comment

Working...
    X