When you got to do it yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you got to do it yourself

They decided to put new electrical poles in front of my house........And they needed me to show them how it's done!!!!!!!!

Ya that's me at the end of the pole with the APS and SWG guys looking on. ;)

Notice I'm the only one without a hard hat..........

Re: When you got to do it yourself

Haha, niiiiiiice
    What were they doing wrong?
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
      Haha, niiiiiiice
      What were they doing wrong?
      It all started because the "Blue Stake Guy" marked that there was no city water(NCW) on the ground where they were going to put the hole for the pole, but in reality their was city water their and at that a meter box. But the meter box was covered in grass(which makes me think when was the last time they read the thing :-\) and they didn't see it when they went to run the auger into the ground. Long story short APS hit the meter box, the city came out looked at it and determined that the break was on "My Side" of the meter and they weren't responsible for that. And then the City guy told me that APS would have to pay to fix it, but here's where the BS started, I go and talk to the guy in charge of the APS crew and he tells me that it's not his fault because the city(blue stake) marked the area wrong and there wasn't suppose to be water there. I actually agree with him and can't blame him, I mean you'd expect the blue stake guy to mark the shit correctly, so I feel it's more the City's fault than APS's for not marking it correctly. Anyway while they were playing the blame game I went and dug up the water line and saw it was an easy fix so I just ran to the hardware store got what I needed and fixed it myself, basically knowing that if I wanted to wait for these morons it'd be weeks before it'd get fixed and I'm sure my Tenant in that unit wouldn't have been happy. ;)

And just think they wanted me to call a plumber and pay for it myself and then try to collect from them. : >

Comment

Reminds me of the time I called "miss dig" ahead of time as you're supposed to - and got flags on the lawn from everybody.

Started trenching for downspout drains, and before I know it - I'm smelling natural gas!

I was over 4 feet from the flags - but there was the line blowing out high pressure - called the emergency line and the guys were out to patch it in no time - said it happens all the time! whiskey tango foxtrot!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

My step-dad hit a natural gas line with a back hoe 6ft from where it was marked out in the yard.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

ya dig safe is a joke..
            but if you don't call and blow up the place your screwed,,

Comment

Glad to live out in the country with my own well, my own sewer, and my own heat source. No bullshit like that goes on here!
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I has lines marked in Ann Arbor. They actually hit it about right but the guy from the Ann Arbor water department used all his high-tech stuff - then double checked it with a pair of divining rods. No crap. The divining rod marks were close to the high tech marks with the divining rod marks more accurate. Go figger.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
                  Glad to live out in the country with my own well, my own sewer, and my own heat source. No bullshit like that goes on here!
                  x2...
                  Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

You are lucky one of those guys didnt hit you in the head with a shovel and bury you in the hole.

Comment

Up here, when you call the utility locators; their margin of "error" is plus or minus 4 feet! even so, when I ran power for my shop I was digging away and the bucket pulled on something..... I stopped immediately, and hand dug .... guess what - a power line from who knows where to who knows where (runs towards 100 plus acres of wildlife preserve)....

The power guys, however, were really cool - they looked at it; said "well, we could get the locators out here and get them to pay to fix it.... naw" then they fixed it themselves.

However, these were the same guys that didn't de-power the line before they ran the new lines into the transformer (1320 amps)..... I did notice the ones doing that work were all young :
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                        (1320 amps)
                        amps...volts...it's all the same

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Send them a bill Alex ..... at their rate to boot!
                          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                          X