When it rains it pours...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it rains it pours...again

So, the truck is FUBAR now...someone was tampering with the wheels...the left front almost fell off...the wheel hub is shot as is the rim...so add this to the F##@ing dogs vet bill of 2600 bucks I should be down a grand total of 3100 bucks...

Thank god I had towing on my insurance...would have been another 160 bucks to the tally.

I must be being punished for something awful I did at some point..not sure what...but it must have been bad.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: When it rains it pours...again

Jeez man....better days are ahead!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

there has got to be better days ahead...there has got to be...

This is frustration you know...not that I want anyone to pity me..but if I can write it down I feel better...I don't have family that I talk to and I don't have any close friends...so I just dump my crap here...lucky you!
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Dump Away! Thats what friends are for! FWIW, Haang in there. It will get better...

Comment

Vet bills?...Vet bills?...ha...got you all topped on that one... UC Davis Vet School rebuilt my Cocker Spaniels shattered pelvis.....try 17,233.00 in Vet bills....... I just couldnt make the call to put her down....and thank god I didnt...she has fully recovered and leading a great life.

BRIGHTER DAYS BROTHER....BRIGHTER DAYS !
          The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

what did they do to tamper with it?

still, that sucks. :-\
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by ChampTrucking
              Dump Away! Thats what friends are for! FWIW, Haang in there. It will get better...
              x2.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy

i suspect attempted theft, the wheels and tires out here will fetch a few bucks for sure...there were other loose lug nuts too. But who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                  Originally posted by Buickguy

i suspect attempted theft, the wheels and tires out here will fetch a few bucks for sure...there were other loose lug nuts too. But who knows...
                  sucks, man..
                  sounds like your kid needs to walk for awhile..
                  as you fix this, buy locking lugs,, won't stop a pro. but if it was a pro it've been on blocks..
                  good luck..

Comment

Same exact thing happened to me on my 2500 Ram a few years back: I'm driving home from the airport, something didn't feel quite right. I exit the highway, while I am on the off ramp just pulling up to the light and the left front of the truck drops.

Turns out, someone had stolen my "fancy" lugnuts while parked at the airport, but each wheel still had a locking lug nut, and one OEM lugnut. The wheels were aluminum and slowly worked themselves loose, grinding out the hole around the remaining nuts on each wheel. The left front came loose first - had it been 30 seconds earlier, it would have let loose at highway speeds...

That's when I bought the hub puller for the 3/4 and 1-ton trucks. Miller SPX for the win!

I hope your luck turns around!!
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Wrong, Joe. You have US!

Dan

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2

I don't have any close friends...so I just dump my crap here...lucky you!

Comment

FINALLY good news..

No pics...but after grinding, drilling and cutting and the use of a pry bar and 250 pounds of ass...I got the offending lug nut off.

The new hub is in place and there was no other damage to the surrounding areas. I took the rim to a place called Nu-Wheel and for 75 bucks they are going to re-sleeve the damaged holes.

Tate is home from the vet and is doing well, has a veracious appetite and should recover within a few days. The breeder is also stepping up and paying for a cardiologist. once we determine the extent of the damage to his heart she will pay us back half the cost of the dog ($500) she also had another call from another family with a dog from tates litter. She has documented that the parents never have another litter together.

Frustrating but now that I can breath i can see the good in all this.

#1 My son was able to get off the highway and stop safely. Had that last stud broke at 65mph...it would not have been good.

#2 My boss gave me the last 2 days to take care of my stuff. No leave charged...

#3 I have a GREAT insurance agent (he took care of the towing for me, made calls arranged everything and also arranged they come by the office and get a check from him because he knew I was short on cash. Thats above and beyond if you ask me.

Comment

Good deal, Joe. See, good stuff happens, too!

Dan

Comment

Glad to hear things are working out. I have a hard time seeing the plus side sometimes but everyone being safe at the end of the day is the most important part.

Comment

Originally posted by R442
                              Glad to hear things are working out. I have a hard time seeing the plus side sometimes but everyone being safe at the end of the day is the most important part.

Normally, when things settle down and I can breath again, I can reflect and find the positive...sometimes its hard to find one..but even if it was a stupid mistake and I learned from it...there is a positive.

Comment

Working...
                              X