Animal lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal lovers

First off thanks for the thoughts and prayers about my best bud I had to put down Monday.The place that cremated him sent this this home with us when we picked up his remains.The RainbowBridge storey helped and this did too.
    If It Should Be
    If it be that i grow weak,
    And pain should keep me from my sleep
    Then you must do what be done,
    For this battle cant be won

You will be sad,I understand,
    Dont let your grief then stay your hand;
    For this day more than all the rest,
    Your love for me must stand the test.
    We've had so many happy years,\what is to come hold no fears;
    You'd not want me to suffer so,The time has come ,please let me go

Take me where my need they'll tend,And please stay with me until the end;
    I know in time you will see,
    The kindnesss you did for me.

Although my tail its last has waved,
    From pain and suffering Ive been saved;
    Please do not grieve,it must be you
    Who had this painful thing to do.

We've been close for all these years,
    Dont let your heart hold back its tears

Your beloved pet
    "Baron" March 28 2011

Re: Animal lovers

I like that.

The place that took care of my Lab and Collie sent home clay paw prints with their ashes...

I love my animals..
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

YOUR DOG WAS SO BEAUTIFUL! We had an Akita once.
      I love the poem that you put up and would like to offer what my Mom would have said to you about losing your dog...

"What a lucky dog to be part of such a wonderful family, Baron had the best a dog can hope for and gave that right back to you. So many dogs do not get a chance like that and so many owners never have a dog like him. That you were able to provide such a loving, safe, healthy environment for him is a testimony to what a great family you are and don't think for a minute that he didn't know it, you can see it all over his face how happy he was.
      When you are ready, and it may take a while it would be a loss if you did not consider offering your home and family to a new dog, not to take his place but to allow another dog out there to experience the joy that you gave to Baron and the chance to have a safe and happy home.
      Each day this will hurt a little less, you will always have the memories of this most special dog and through memories time travel is possible."

We lost so many animals over the years these are pretty much her exact words as I can remember them, she was a truly dedicated animal person.

Love to you and your family,~
      gail
      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Thank you Gail.Your moms words have helped.

Comment

Awesome poem and lovely words by Mom Gail. I got the rainbow bridge poem with my boy Blitz's paw print when I had to put him down

BTW, this is the new kid in town at Norwalk. He was born the same day I had to put Blitz down. Coincidence, I don't think so.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I hate losing pets! :'(
            The paw print thing is nice though...
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE
              I hate losing pets! :'(
              The paw print thing is nice though...
              Oh yeah. We spent an hour at the vet's this afternoon. Frecklee the Cat is 16 years old, and headed south. He's real messed up, a laundry list of physical maladies, all related to one another. It's so hard to lose them and so hard to make the decision as to when enough is enough from their own standpoint. Torture (medical treatments) for continuance? It's an emotional balance.

And we stand there in the kitchen or wherever, talking about it right in front of them and they don't understand the words. We're deciding their fate. It is/would be a whole lot easier if they just check out on their own, but that's not always the case.

It's a tough thing, at best.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

What they DO know is your emotions. While it's hard for us humans it's best to remain cheerful until after they're gone. Then they feel OK because the pack leader is OK. You can lose it big time afterward (I do, for sure). I hope Frecklee's final days are filled with those things that make him happiest.

As the Wizard told the Tin Man, hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.

Dan

Comment

I brought my Collie in to have her put down after her stroke. The vet would not take her from me, and told me to take all the time I needed.....My best pal for 16 years...I was pretty tore up and when you have a guy my size with my demeanor crying like a little boy...it must have made for an interesting spectacle. He didn't approach me and stayed across the room when he spoke to me, it was kind of funny. Anyway, he sent me a hand written card expressing his sympathy and that he could see how important she was to me...after looking at it today it also had the Rainbow Bridge verse in it.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                    I brought my Collie in to have her put down after her stroke. The vet would not take her from me, and told me to take all the time I needed.....My best pal for 16 years...I was pretty tore up and when you have a guy my size with my demeanor crying like a little boy...it must have made for an interesting spectacle. He didn't approach me and stayed across the room when he spoke to me, it was kind of funny. Anyway, he sent me a hand written card expressing his sympathy and that he could see how important she was to me...after looking at it today it also had the Rainbow Bridge verse in it.
                    Naw Joe, there's nothing wrong with crying. We've done it already, and it ain't even "over" with Frecklee. Ongoing. But we realize it's more close than distant. what day?

And Spankie the Dawg is just one year younger. We'll go through it again. Unit's already declared, "No more pets." Because of all of the distress during the end game.

I'm not so sure about that myself, to be candid about it. Like saying ...well, that's just an outlook. Like , "I don't want any friends because they're all going to die."

Sure they will. We all will. It's the road we travel in between - that's life.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Our Vet, Dr Bradler, loves old Beaux like we do. In fact, he's convinced her that a Standard Poodle would be the next in her pack when one of hers goes to The Bridge. No one elses needle will do the job. Pretty sure Dr. B and we will be weeping together. But not now - chipper while he's here (and we can't believe he still is - you can FEEL his heart murmur by putting your hand on his chest).

Dan

Comment

Working...
                      X