Junkyard slide show...enjoy or cry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Junkyard slide show...enjoy or cry

This is almost as cruel as the "Roadside Relics" book my wife bought me.

Comment

Wow.

It's amazing that most of those cars stood the test of time (some better than others, lol). There's literally a field full of potential.

In response to DF's thread about pre-muscle-era cars, I think there's plenty enough of them to go around for whomever is interested! ;D

I'll take one!

Comment

WOW! man so many solid buildable cars there...thanks for posting!

Comment

Someone walked by me at the computer and asked if i was ok because im crying so hard :'(

PURE BLASPHEMY >

Comment

so what is the story, are they for sale? for parting out?
            think i seen a twin to rusty near the end.
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Amazing! It looks like they're being taken care of, no trees growing up out of engine compartments. At least it looks more like the "Dog pound" instead of the "Cemetary", hopefully they will all find a good home.
              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Amazing!

What strikes me is that every one of them was someone's new car at one time. They brought it home and showed it off to their wife and kids, and/or friends. But these ones haven't been turned into Kias - yet. Lets all save these gems!

Dan

Comment

In some way I drive an Old Chevy and Old Ford. Thanks Dan.
                  I liked the Old Tractors and Packards. Just imagine all the stories that go along with all those Old Race Cars. It would be fun to just hear all of them. How many of those Old cars would take just a few days to get running?

Comment

So what's the story? What happened to all of them? It looks like they were all getting moved or something.

I would love to walk around and just imagine the stories behind all those cars.

Ax

Comment

A friend posted it on my site,so i dont know where and who,but it says Olivers cars on the link...

Comment

Amazing stuff, why can't I ever come across something like that? I only need one to make me happy, maybe two if I got greedy.

Comment

Looks like they were 'cleaning out the trees'. I grew up on a farm in Minnesota and when stuff became old and tired, it was retired to the 'trees' or the windbreaks that surrounded farm yards. Most everyone had old cars (non running or wrecked), dead tractors, trucks, pickups, farm implements parked in the trees.

Scrappers would come by every now and then and offer to haul the stuff away for next to nothing. The farmers liked it because it created more room for junk, the scrappers would sell the junk for profit and everyone ended up happy. For us kids, though, it sucked because all the cool stuff to crawl around on in the trees was gone.

A few of my uncles still have stuff parked in the trees, but that stuff has been there so long it's literally become one with the ground.

It looks like the stuff in the photoalbums has been saved, though, probably as parts cars. Didya notice the new cyclone fence going up around the grounds?

Here's a few interesting shots of one car in the gallery, sorta looks like 'trusty rusty'

Comment

Working...
                          X