Looks like a Boss 302 to me...

I want one.
      Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Re: First Boss 302 in the 11's!!!

Originally posted by ford141

I want one.
        I think it is the old timers with their nose out of joint...there can only be one Boss Mustang. If Ford calls it a Boss, it's not REALLY a Boss...it just says Boss on the side and is marketed as a Boss...but it could NEVER be a Boss ;) ;D ;D
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Yep the original left such deep felt impression on us that it is what we use as measure for all that have come after it.

Comment

whats the difference between a boss 302 and the gt 500 - the new ones not the old ones cause I saw a new gt 500 run in the 11s two weeks ago
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

GT500= 5.4 super charged= 550 or so horse
              BOSS= 5.0 seriously worked over=412? crank

There is more but those are the big ones

There is also a gt350 that is somewhere in the middle. I don't know much about them but the one I saw(online) was wimbledon(sp?) white with blue stripes. <add to the wish list!
              Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                Originally posted by ford141

I want one.
                I think it is the old timers with their nose out of joint...there can only be one Boss Mustang. If Ford calls it a Boss, it's not REALLY a Boss...it just says Boss on the side and is marketed as a Boss...but it could NEVER be a Boss ;) ;D ;D
                Yap...that pretty much sums it up.
                Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

I want one

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
                    whats the difference between a boss 302 and the gt 500 - the new ones not the old ones cause I saw a new gt 500 run in the 11s two weeks ago
                    You mean the new not real GT 500 right, because there is only ONE of those too ;D ;D
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455
                      Originally posted by 1trickpony
                      I dont need one, I went that fast for $5000 with a NA dinosaur engine.
                      But it wasn't a BOSS302 ;)

Its amazing these cars roll of the line ready to go to the road course, drag strip, and then be able to drive to work.
                      Full of win in my opinion.
                      Nah it wasnt. I have a 302 block and some 4V Cleveland heads sitting around, perhaps a 347 inch version of the BOSS stuck in my Cougar would be fun... The only things I need to do it are the crank kit and the intake. No need for 4 valves when you have huge ports.

I drove my 11 second car to work too, not every day but very often. When the GTO needed a rest or the C10 just wasnt scratching the itch I would drive Ugly to work. It was lots of fun on base. That engine combination is going back together right now, perhaps I will try it with the right gears instead of the 4.10s that ran it out of RPM before 1000ft.
                      I the new car is very amazing over old tech :

Comment

Originally posted by bbnova
                        Originally posted by 1trickpony
                        I dont need one, I went that fast for $5000 with a NA dinosaur engine.
                        But it wasn't a BOSS302 ;)

Its amazing these cars roll of the line ready to go to the road course, drag strip, and then be able to drive to work.
                        Full of win in my opinion.
                        Nah it wasnt. I have a 302 block and some 4V Cleveland heads sitting around, perhaps a 347 inch version of the BOSS stuck in my Cougar would be fun... The only things I need to do it are the crank kit and the intake. No need for 4 valves when you have huge ports.

I drove my 11 second car to work too, not every day but very often. When the GTO needed a rest or the C10 just wasnt scratching the itch I would drive Ugly to work. It was lots of fun on base. That engine combination is going back together right now, perhaps I will try it with the right gears instead of the 4.10s that ran it out of RPM before 1000ft.
                        I the new car is very amazing over old tech :
                        I like old tech, it still works. It is simple and will work in austere environments. It will also work after an EMP.

Comment

These new cars offer it all

Comment

I like old tech. also. If I had the money today I would order a Boss.

I am sure it will be old tech. by the time I could afford one. ;)
                            Jeff
                            Follow My Build

Comment

enjoy it, as all this factory stuff will be $$$$$$$$ real soon..
                              wonder what an insurance co. charges to insure these 11 sec cars..
                              is it worth the 1000.oo a month to have a new car that can do 11's

Comment

Hey, my car is a Boss....

it says so right on the quarter glass!!! WITH a horsey!

<<<< ------ see avatar
                                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                                X